State Moms Forces
MomsRising State Mom Forces (SMFs) are bringing together our supporters in homes, at parks, at malls, in state capitols-- building MOMentum for change! SMFs work in targeted states to organize women, moms, and families on issues that matter most to them at a state and local level, as well as for our national campaigns. Get involved in your local SMF!
When you do, you might find yourself:
- at a parent meetup, talking about paid family and medical leave and paid sick days
- at a gathering at a public mall, talking with state and federal elected leaders about equal pay
- bringing kids along on a trip to the state capitol, delivering petitions signatures and seed packets to legislators to say that policies like quality affordable childcare and the EITC help kids grow strong
- holding a party at a mall with thousands of others for Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday
- joining a tweetchat about voter registration in your state
- and so much more!
There are so many ways to be involved with MomsRising and to make a measurable impact for women, moms, and families locally. Visit this page often to check out new opportunities!
Join us in thanking the Senator for his bravery and sending a message of support.
Join us in fighting against Florida Gov. DeSantis and the Florida legislature to stop the banning of books in our schools! LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC authors are unjustly targeted and discriminated against. We must stand together and fight against this censorship!
TELL YOUR U.S. SENATORS: In the face of Omicron, families need the CTC, Paid Leave, Home Care and Child Care!
Just as families need support the most, monthly Child Tax Credit payments ended in December because Joe Manchin and the Republican Senators refused to pass Build Back Better. With Omicron raging, it's more important than ever to pass BBB to make child care and elder care affordable, guarantee paid family and medical leave, lower the cost of insulin and other prescription drugs, make healthcare more affordable, and more.
Because the Senate failed to act, all the great improvements to the Child Tax Credit are going away, sending millions of children and families back into poverty, disproportionately impacting families of color.