State Moms Forces
MomsRising State Mom Forces (SMFs) are bringing together our supporters in homes, at parks, at malls, in state capitols-- building MOMentum for change! SMFs work in targeted states to organize women, moms, and families on issues that matter most to them at a state and local level, as well as for our national campaigns. Get involved in your local SMF!
When you do, you might find yourself:
- at a parent meetup, talking about paid family and medical leave and paid sick days
- at a gathering at a public mall, talking with state and federal elected leaders about equal pay
- bringing kids along on a trip to the state capitol, delivering petitions signatures and seed packets to legislators to say that policies like quality affordable childcare and the EITC help kids grow strong
- holding a party at a mall with thousands of others for Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday
- joining a tweetchat about voter registration in your state
- and so much more!
There are so many ways to be involved with MomsRising and to make a measurable impact for women, moms, and families locally. Visit this page often to check out new opportunities!
Just as families need support the most, monthly Child Tax Credit payments ended in December because Joe Manchin and the Republican Senators refused to pass Build Back Better. With Omicron raging, it's more important than ever to pass BBB to make child care and elder care affordable, guarantee paid family and medical leave, lower the cost of insulin and other prescription drugs, make healthcare more affordable, and more.
Click to say "Hell yes, I'm voting!" Across the state, Virginia moms and family members are on fire to vote, and are already voting in huge numbers.
Everyone, regardless of race, class, or zip code, deserves to have health care coverage.
Act now! Urge your NJ lawmaker to support the paid family leave expansion bill!