State Moms Forces
MomsRising State Mom Forces (SMFs) are bringing together our supporters in homes, at parks, at malls, in state capitols-- building MOMentum for change! SMFs work in targeted states to organize women, moms, and families on issues that matter most to them at a state and local level, as well as for our national campaigns. Get involved in your local SMF! You might find yourself:
- at a parent meetup, talking about paid family and medical leave and paid sick days
- at a gathering at a public mall, talking with state and federal elected leaders about equal pay
- bringing kids along on a trip to the state capitol, delivering petitions signatures and seed packets to legislators to say that policies like quality affordable childcare and the EITC help kids grow strong
- holding a party at a mall with thousands of others for Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday
- joining a tweetchat about voter registration in your state
- and so much more!
There are so many ways to be involved with MomsRising and to make a measurable impact for women, moms, and families locally. Visit this page often to check out new opportunities!
Call Governor Snyder now (1-855-976-1858) and tell him to veto the bill Medicaid work requirements bill and then sign our open letter to lawmakers.
Demand lawmakers protect our voting rights and oppose voter ID laws. Send your note now!
Paid family and medical leave has a real chance of winning in Massachusetts this year and YOU can help make it happen.
It is truly a new day in New Jersey, and in a few short months New Jersey will be a more just and fair place to live and work.