Effective as of 10/2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Scope and Application: Who and what this Policy covers.
- Collection of Information: The sources of and methods by which we, our service providers, and other third parties collect information from and about you, including information about your interaction with the Services.
- Data Use and Sharing: How we use the information we collect from and about you, who we might share it with, and why.
- User Access and Communication Preferences: How you can access and control the information we maintain about you, and opt out of promotional communications.
- Protection of Your Information: How we protect your information from loss or misuse.
- Other Important Information: We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites; information may be transferred, processed, or stored outside your country of residence, including in the United States; changes we may make to this Policy.
- Contact Us: How to contact us about this Policy.
MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund (collectively, “MomsRising,” “us,” or “we”) understand the importance of our users’ privacy. This Policy describes the treatment of information we collect from and about you when you visit momsrising.org and its subdomains, or use our other websites or services that contain a link to, or otherwise reference, this Policy (collectively, the “Services”). This Policy tells you how we use, share, and protect your information, and what choices you have about how your information is used.
Information you provide to us
When you choose to make use of some features of the Services, such as signing up for our email list, sharing your stories and experiences, taking action on a campaign, and making donations, you will be asked to provide information, including personal information such as your email address, name, physical address, city and state of residence, and phone number.
Information you provide to a Giving Platform
Information Collected Automatically
In addition to information you choose to provide to us, we and our service providers automatically collect certain additional information. For example:
- IP Address and Other Identifiers. When you access and interact with our Services, MomsRising and our service providers may collect information about your visit in order to permit you to connect to and obtain the Services and to understand the frequency with which specific visitors visit various parts of our Services. For example, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access the Services, or information about your browser type, unique device identifiers, and other software and hardware information. If you access the Services through a mobile or other similar device, we may collect your mobile device identifier, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information for that device. We may combine this information collected automatically with other information that we have collected, including personal information.
You have the choice to set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set (each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you whether to allow us to send you cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies from us, your ability to use some aspects of our Services will be limited.
- Web beacons and other tracking technologies. We and third parties including our service providers may use other tracking tools, including so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “web bugs,” “clear GIFs,” etc. (collectively “Web Beacons”) to collect information about your activities on the Services. These are small electronic images embedded in web content (including online ads) and email messages, and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like cookies, Web Beacons enable us and our service providers to track pages and content (including ads) accessed and viewed by users. Also, when we send HTML-formatted (as opposed to plain text) emails to you, Web Beacons may be embedded in such emails to allow us to monitor readership levels so that we can identify aggregate trends and individual usage, to provide our audiences with more relevant content or engagement opportunities. Web Beacons in emails may recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked, etc. Web Beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML emails via your email software.
Our Partners and Service Providers
MomsRising relies on a number of other companies, agents, and/or contractors to perform services on our behalf or to assist us in operating MomsRising and providing the Services to you. For example, we may engage such service providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, website hosting, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize the Services, process donations, provide customer service, collect debts, and analyze and enhance data. In the course of providing such services to us, these other companies may have access to information about you, including personal information.
One of our service providers is Google Analytics, which collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. To learn more about how Google Analytics collects and uses your data when you use the Services, and how you can control the information sent to Google Analytics, please review https://google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Information Contained in User Content
Information from Other Sources
MomsRising and our service providers may supplement the information we collect from and about you with information from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media services and other commercially available sources.
Do Not Track Signals
At this time, our Services do not respond to “do not track” signals, including do not track signals sent from web browsers.
How we use information
We use information that we collect from and about you to provide the Services, process your donations, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services, personalize communications and fundraising efforts that we believe will be of interest to you, and improve our Services to you, consistent with our mission. In particular, we and our service providers may use such information for a variety of business purposes, including:
- to aid our lobbying, public interest activities and initiatives, and other similar purposes, for example submitting petition signatures, disclosing comments submitted by individuals to public areas of the site, and disclosing aggregate information about user participation in campaigns;
- to maintain and manage your account, deliver content and services that you request, and enhance your experience on our Services;
- to process and track your donations and product/service orders and provide the Services and content you request;
- to communicate with you about the content and Services or other products, content, or services in which you may be interested, or to respond to your inquiries or comments;
- to assist MomsRising in placing and targeting advertisements about MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund on the Services, and on third party sites including social media;
- to send you information or material via email about MomsRising campaigns and other news we think might interest you. If you no longer wish to receive regular promotional emails from us, please see “OPTING OUT OF EMAIL” below;
- to make our Services and our communications to you more targeted to your interests;
- to perform business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and the products and services we offer; or
- in accordance with your permission.
How we share information
We share information that we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- with entities that help us to manage and provide our Services, including development of our websites and applications, maintenance and support, personalization, payment processing, email distribution, measurement, and improvement, sweepstakes/contest administration, booking, fulfillment, and promotions management, only to the extent that these entities need the information to perform their services or as required by law;
- with identified entities whose products or services you specifically use or request to receive while you use the Services;
- as we develop our offerings, we might sell or buy companies or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, bankruptcy, or similar event, information that we collect from and about you may be part of the transferred assets;
- in response to legal process (including subpoenas, court orders and other legal requests);
- we may share anonymized, aggregate information about our users (including for example how many users took action on specific issues, site usage statistics, and the like), with any party and with the public, for example via email, blog or social media posts, or via our website;
When you choose to make use of some features of the MomsRising Service, such as taking part in a campaign, submitting a story, or responding to a survey, you may be asked to provide personally-identifiable information – such as your name, address, email address or phone number. In keeping with our mission of educating the public and mobilizing grassroots community action, we may make this information available to third parties or the public, including for the purpose of influencing the debate on important issues of the day. If you do not wish for us to share your personal information, please do not submit such personal information to MomsRising. MomsRising reserves the right to share any such information that you provide in any manner, by any means, and for any purpose consistent with our mission and message;
- When information we collect is aggregated, anonymized or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law; and
- in accordance with your permission.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits members of our community who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we may have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made once a year and are free of charge. If you would like to make a request pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, you must do so in writing via email to privacy[at]momsrising.org; please include the phrase “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message.
You may opt out of having your personal information used or disclosed for certain purposes.
- You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from MomsRising by clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained in each email message. You can also go here and enter your email address to unsubscribe: https://action.momsrising.org/unsubscribe/unsubscribe/
- If you have elected to receive text messages from MomsRising, you can text STOP in reply to any mobile message to unsubscribe.
Visiting/Using Our Services from Outside The United States
Third Party Sites
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
12011 Bel-Red Road
Bellevue, WA 98005