Tweetchat! SNAP, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, helps millions of low-income families have access to healthy food. The SNAP program is under attack in the proposed Farm Bill. We've got all the details on how this could impact millions of families across the United States at this week's #FoodFri chat! This Friday April 20th join [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
Take Action!SNAP (also known as food stamps) is under attack!! Last week GOP leadership in the U.S. House of Representatives Agriculture Committee introduced a Farm Bill that would increase hunger and hardship by taking away—or cutting—food assistance from many struggling families, including children. This week they are starting debate on the bill. We have no [...]
House Agriculture Committee Chairman Mike Conaway today introduced an ill-considered plan that will make it harder for hungry families to access the food they need. Conaway added a proposal to the 2018 Farm Bill to implement unnecessary, harmful and overly restrictive work requirements to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which helps families afford groceries [...]
It's another big week! Equal Pay Day was April 10, Tax Day is coming up on the 17th, and the Farm Bill has been introduced! Please take a moment to take action on all of these issues - and more - via the top #5Actions list below! Then ... relax and enjoy your weekend, knowing [...]