Stories of hunger where you least expect it are plentiful – yet they are hidden from view. “In the fall of 1997, I drove up to my $3 million home and saw a small note tacked on the door saying the house was going to be auctioned off in 30 days.... Circumstances like divorce and job [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
Tweetchat In 2017, the MomsRising Food Team is expecting quite a few changes. These changes will impact all of our lives. As a result, we want to be prepared, or as prepared as humaly possible. Join #FoodFri on January 6, 2017, between 1-2pm EST, as @MomsRising chats with @CSPI about food policy in 2017. We'll [...]
TweetchatThis is my favorite time of year. Parrandas/caroling, and get togethers with family and friends, during this holiday season are always such a treat. But what isn't a treat is the amount of sugar eaten during the holidays. It's estimated that most people gain an average of 5 to 10 pounds! There's a reason why [...]
How Grassroots Organizing and Popular Protest Defeated NC’s Bathroom Governor As a lifelong North Carolinian, I really appreciated this data-based analysis from Tom Jensen of Public Policy Polling on how the Governor lost his re-election effort (the first to do so in NC history). First, polls show that Governor Pat McCrory's policies were widely unpopular, [...]