Are we really surprised? The federal rule that would make it mandatory for restaurant, supermarket and convenience store chains to post calorie counts on their menus may be delayed yet again just days before taking effect on May 5, 2017. This process has pushed on for seven years now... As a mother, public health activist, [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
It’s simple—our families need access to healthy foods in order to be healthy. Right now, more than 2 million people in North Carolina don't have access to healthy foods and our state ranks amongst the highest in the nation for household food-insecurity. Last year, the North Carolina General Assembly took a big step [...]
Tweetchat BREAKING: The FDA has delayed menu labeling. Join the chat to learn more! Americans consume, on average, one-third of their calories from eating out. Studies show that providing nutrition information at restaurants can help customers make lower-calorie choices, and a national poll found that 80 percent of Americans support calorie labeling at chain restaurants [...]
I came to Christ late in life. Drawn to him out of necessity, but committed because of love. His love. It changed my life. He changed my life. I now try to live as He commanded. I don't always succeed. Some days, I will admit, when I focus on the world, I lose sight of [...]