TweetchatThis is my favorite time of year. Parrandas/caroling, and get togethers with family and friends, during this holiday season are always such a treat. But what isn't a treat is the amount of sugar eaten during the holidays. It's estimated that most people gain an average of 5 to 10 pounds! There's a reason why [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
How Grassroots Organizing and Popular Protest Defeated NC’s Bathroom Governor I really appreciated this data-based analysis from Tom Jensen of Public Policy Polling on how North Carolina Governor lost his re-election effort (the first to do so in NC history). First, polls show that McCrory's policies were widely unpopular, and that was before the anti-transgender [...]
December 10 is Human Rights Day. And right before the Human Rights Day this year, I received an e-mail from a mother, crying about how her employer doesn’t support breastfeeding and how her supervisor telling her “Not only breastfeeding moms are good moms, formula is as good.” I was saddened. I am sad because [...]
Take Action! As the weather turns colder my kids are spending more and more time indoors. That includes being able to watch some of their favorite tv shows, like Avatar on Nickelodeon. Favorite shows are fun, but I'm so tired of the junk food marketing that comes into my home with them. And it's not just on [...]