Youth Justice Campaign Assistant - MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund
MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund are hiring a Campaign Assistant to support a variety of education and juvenile justice campaigns across the country. The Campaign Assistant will mobilize constituents through social media platforms as well as on-the-ground outreach. The Campaign Assistant will provide social media support for a campaign to overcome historic inequities and dismantle the school to prison pipeline. The Campaign Assistant will also help recruit, train and activate members to take action on relevant issues, including outreach and education on a variety of youth justice issues.
This is a full-time exempt position, that is eligible for benefits. The Campaign Assistant will report to the National Director and work closely with other campaign staff and senior MomsRising leaders.
About the MomsRising organizations:
MomsRising Together is a 501(c)(4) virtual organization with staff working around the country. MomsRising Education Fund is its affiliated 501(c)(3) public charity. Our core team of paid staff and volunteers work collaboratively to develop our strategies and campaigns. As virtual organizations, we use conference calls, IM, and email extensively to communicate, to create, and to care for each other. Our team enjoys a results-oriented work environment where the challenges and joys of balancing work, family, and personal time are understood.
- Assist with implementation of campaign strategies
- Curate and distribute engaging content and campaign action opportunities to advance online and on-the-ground organizing
- Develop sample social media content for campaigns, breaking news, and other key opportunities to share with MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund team and national coalition listservs
- Assist with creative development of social media toolkits
- Provide administrative support for the campaign, including scheduling team calls and taking notes during team meetings
- Share best practices and updates from the Social Media Team to the campaign team
- After approval by campaign manager, load and schedule national and state campaign email alerts in ActionKit
- Provide logistical support to the National Director, including group/event scheduling, ordering, tracking, and organizing a variety of materials
- Cross-campaign work on related campaigns if priorities change
- 1-2 years experience working in a related field or knowledge and interest in juvenile justice issues
- Commitment to working with diverse communities and commitment to advancing racial equity
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. and blogging)
- Proficiency in email communications is critical
- Comfortable with technology and able to learn and use new communications tools quickly
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Self-directed independent worker who can look at the big picture while keeping track of details
- Ability to work with a team and take direction – sometimes from multiple people
- Comfortable working as part of a virtual organization
- Interest in organizing communities to act for causes related to the mission of MomsRising
- Ability to travel locally on a regular basis and to make infrequent overnight trips
- Flexible and willing to do what it takes to make campaigns successful
Preferred Qualifications (Not required):
- Experience in community organizing, particularly in communities of color
- Experience working remotely
This is a virtual job with no physical office or office space stipend. Incumbent will work in their own home and communicate with coworkers through technology. Hours are flexible with some evening and weekend hours required.
Must be able to work at a desk for blocks of time. Must be able to communicate verbally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to move objects/operate keyboards, reach with hands and arms, speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and benefits:
This is a full-time position with a salary of $40,500 to $60,800 per year, commensurate with experience. MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund provide a robust benefits package including eligibility for paid family and medical leave, medical/dental/vision coverage, generous PTO and sick time, and a retirement plan. The organizations cover 75% of an employee's and any dependent's medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Send an email to Work@momsrising.org with "Youth Justice Campaign Assistant" in the subject line. Attach your resume and a letter telling us how you heard about this position and why you are interested. Only applications that include the requested materials will be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
It is expected that you will spend some of your time working for both MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund and that you will have an employment relationship with each organization.
MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to diversity – all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.