We are sounding the alarm! We need your mom superhero powers—stat! A storm is brewing on Capitol Hill and we need to stand up for Medicaid and SNAP! It’s clear that many of our leaders are unaware of how many families turn to these programs to keep their families afloat. We want YOU (and your [...]
1. Healthy Communities
2. Ending the School to Prison Pipeline
- Suspensions & Exclusionary School Discipline Policies: Three million students, including preschoolers and kindergartners, are suspended from public schools each year across the nation. This harmful practice begins the school-to-prison pipeline.
- Youth Incarceration: The experience for a child entering a youth prison is similar to the experience of entering an adult prison. Incarceration is traumatic, hurt kids, breaks up families, and leads to lifelong challenges for all affected.
In addition, many children face challenges getting access to safe drinking water. From the school to the home, available, clean water is a priority.
MomsRising has succeeded in getting major fast-food restaurants like Wendy's and Burger King to remove soda as the default option in kid's meals. This year we're also working on soda taxes and labeling, water quality and testing in schools, and breastfeeding.
- Join the 4KidsRising Facebook Group and follow the conversation on Twitter via the #4KidsRising hashtag.
- Join our popular tweetchats including #KidsThrive (last Thurs every month, 8pm ET), #FoodFri (every Friday 1pm ET), #WellnessWeds (Wednesdays 2pm ET), and #EarlyEdChat (Thursdays 2pm ET).
- Connect to others in your community interested in taking action through our #KeepMarching circles!
Check out videos from our Food Power! Conference in Brooklyn, NY, including a special welcome from First Lady Michelle Obama!
Moms Blogging About Healthy Kids
Tweetchat The summer season has started. Children are excited to be out and about, enjoying friends and sunshine. Yet, for some children summer is not a happy time. For some children, summer brings hunger. During the school year children are offered two meals a day: breakfast and lunch. They may also receive after school snacks. [...]
Happy Monday! We have some emergency actions for you this week, including a special one to protect healthcare by demanding transparency from the Republicans in the U.S. Senate on what’s they’re actually proposing with healthcare. The clock is ticking. Rumor is that they may try to pass a very bad policy, without letting anyone see [...]
Happy Monday! We're back with five new and important actions for this week, from protecting the Women's Bureau, to demanding equal pay, to organizing a fun meet up in your community. You are powerful! Take all 5 actions at once, or do one a day. Your choice. What matters most is that you continue to [...]