State Moms Forces
MomsRising State Mom Forces (SMFs) are bringing together our supporters in homes, at parks, at malls, in state capitols-- building MOMentum for change! SMFs work in targeted states to organize women, moms, and families on issues that matter most to them at a state and local level, as well as for our national campaigns. Get involved in your local SMF!
When you do, you might find yourself:
- at a parent meetup, talking about paid family and medical leave and paid sick days
- at a gathering at a public mall, talking with state and federal elected leaders about equal pay
- bringing kids along on a trip to the state capitol, delivering petitions signatures and seed packets to legislators to say that policies like quality affordable childcare and the EITC help kids grow strong
- holding a party at a mall with thousands of others for Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday
- joining a tweetchat about voter registration in your state
- and so much more!
There are so many ways to be involved with MomsRising and to make a measurable impact for women, moms, and families locally. Visit this page often to check out new opportunities!
The 67 million taxpayer dollars are going to Cop City should be invested in schools, housing, resources, and in making Atlanta stronger. If built, Cop City would be the largest police training center in the United States.
Tell Governor Newsom to join us in keeping vulnerable children within the jurisdiction of the juvenile court, the SAFE Children Act will save so many children from a cycle of trauma. The time is NOW!
On May 31st, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation raided and arrested Adele MacLean, 42, Marlon Scott Kautz, 39, and Savannah Patterson, 30, on charges of charity fraud and money laundering. These activists were the leaders of the Atlanta Solidarity fund, an organization providing bail money for arrested "Stop Cop City" protesters. This incident is a continuation of months of excessive police intimidation tactics in efforts to deter protesters. MomsRising continues to support and stand with the organizers and protesters on the front lines of “Cop City”. We support the relentless advocating for safe communities and an end of police brutality and violence. Sign our Petition and tell Georgia Police to drop the charges against the Atlanta bail fund organizers!
The Family Leave Optimal Coverage (FLOC) Act is an opportunity for all Michiganders to be there for their loved ones. To take the time to care for themselves, an ill, injured, or disabled loved ones, welcome a new child or take time for bereavement, without losing critical income at the time they need it most.