Wonder Women To The Rescue!
August 28, 2017
On the radio show this week we cover hope and organizing in the time of Trump and the importance of access to birth control and reproductive health services; Black Breastfeeding Week #BBW17; Maternal mortality and the alarmingly higher rate of deaths due to pregnancy related causes amongst Black women; and the fight to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour.
*Special guests include:
- U.S. Representative Suzan Delbene, @RepDelBene;
- Anayah Sangodele-Ayoka, CNM, MSN, MSEd is a nurse-midwife and innovative culture worker leveraging digital media to impact health and parenting, as well as an award winning author and organizer, @BlkBfingWeek, @anayahrose;
- Monifa Bandele, MomsRising, @monifabandele, @MomsRising;
- Bridget Hughes, advocate in the fight to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour, @SEIU
HOW TO LISTEN:
- In the DC-area and on many stations across the nation;
- On TuneIn's Progressive Voices
- On WeActRadio
- as a podcast on iTunes
- right here on the MomsRising site.
Tweet your thoughts with hashtag #risers!
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of MomsRising.org.
MomsRising.org strongly encourages our readers to post comments in response to blog posts. We value diversity of opinions and perspectives. Our goals for this space are to be educational, thought-provoking, and respectful. So we actively moderate comments and we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that undermine these goals. Thanks!