TODAY: Take action to help NC's uninsured!
Today is the day! We are joining with thousands of people across North Carolina for a day of action to close the health care coverage gap!
Here is what you can do right now to remind lawmakers that “Medicaid helps families weather the storm” and to expand health insurance to low-income uninsured adults:
- Call them! Just dial 1-844-633-2048 and we’ll connect you!
- Print and mail this letter. (Look up your NC House and NC Senate members here.)
- Bonus: Print and mail this storybook with stories from real uninsured North Carolinians.
- Use our #CloseTheGapNC Social Media Toolkit. Amplify these (and other) actions on social media throughout the day to share with your friends and family about why we need to #CloseTheGapNC.
- Involve your kids in advocating to close the health care coverage gap by making and sending a child-made umbrella craft to your lawmakers!
- Email them. Our tool makes sending a short note to your lawmaker quick and easy. (We provide a template letter that you can edit before you send.)
- Write a letter to the editor. Use our simple (almost magical) tool to quickly and easily send a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
Medicaid helps families weather the storm during times of need – whether it be during a health care crisis or a time of financial hardship. But in North Carolina, lawmakers have yet to make this critical and often life-saving program available to about half a million low-income uninsured adults. That needs to change -- now. North Carolina moms and families need and deserve health coverage. Expanding Medicaid would save lives and improve the health of our communities.
Thank you for taking action and joining your voice with thousands of others to tell lawmakers to expand health insurance to uninsured adults in North Carolina!