Let's Show Lisa Jackson Some Gratitude!
Green jobs, safer chemicals, cleaner air – Lisa Jackson is fighting for them all and more as the Administrator of the US Environmental Protection Agency. And it’s no easy job.
As a recent article in the New York Times stated:
“No other cabinet officer is in as lonely or uncomfortable a position as Ms. Jackson, who has been left, as one adviser put it, behind enemy lines with only science, the law and a small band of loyal lieutenants to support her.
Ms. Jackson describes the job as draining but says there are certain principles she will not compromise, including rapid and vigorous enforcement of some of the most far-reaching health-related rules ever considered by the agency.”
Let’s show her some appreciation this week to let her know she’s not in this fight alone and we sincerely appreciate her hard work!
Send a message to Lisa Jackson on Twitter!
• Thanks @LisaPJackson! Your leadership @EPA is helping protect kids health! #healthychild #saferchemicals PLS RT
• Have u noticed how @LisaPJackson rocks these days? Here’s 1 reason @healthy_child loves her! http://ow.ly/5ERFW PLS RT
• BIG THANKS 2 @LisaPJackson 4 standing up & standing strong 2 protect kids health! #healthychild #saferchemicals PLS RT
Post something on her Facebook wall (or like her page and tag her on your wall!)
Sample wall posts:
• Thank you Lisa P Jackson so much for working tirelessly to protect our children’s health in the face of extreme opposition!
• Green jobs, safer chemicals, cleaner air – Lisa Jackson is fighting for them all and more as the Administrator of the US Environmental Protection Agency. Join me in giving her a BIG THANK YOU!
You can also tell her thanks:
• On her blog
• In an email: email@example.com
• With a quick call: 202-564-4700
• With a letter or postcard (let your kids write or draw on it, too!) USEPA Headquarters, Ariel Rios Building,1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N. W., Mail Code: 1101A, Washington, DC 20460
Now go get your gratitude on!