Let's Celebrate the Many Benefits of School Breakfast at #FoodFri!
It’s National School Breakfast Week! Join #FoodFri this week as we celebrate the many benefits of school breakfast – from improved learning to decreased tardiness – as well as the variety of ways schools can improve student participation in school breakfast programs. 12.1 million low-income students eat school breakfast on an average school day, and we can increase access to school breakfast so that even more students can start their day with full stomachs, ready to learn.
Invite a friend (or two!) by clicking below.
To join and follow the conversation on Twitter use the #FoodFri Hashtag in each tweet.
You can also follow the chat on Twubs.com/FoodFri. Twubs allows you to follow MomsRising’s registered hashtags by creating an account. Below I have noted the steps.
- Create an account using an email or your Twitter account.
- Enter the desired hashtag, #FoodFri, #WellnessWed or #EcoTipTue, in
the search box found at the top of the page. Click Enter. A new page
will open with the desired chat.
- Find the “Join This Twub” button found on the right-hand side bar and join the group.
- Adjust the speed of the conversation to your liking. Options are: Fast, Medium, Slow, Slower, or Slowest.
- Introduce yourself and join the conversation, by entering your
comment, tips, or questions in the “Tweet to #FoodFri as [YourName] box”
- Or, respond to a specific tweet by hovering over the right-hand side of the individual’s tweet and selecting one of the icons.
More about our #FoodFri Featured Co-Host(s):
The Food Research & Action Center (FRAC) is the leading national nonprofit organization working to improve public policies and public-private partnerships to eradicate hunger and undernutrition in the United States. FRAC works with hundreds of national, state and local nonprofit organizations, public agencies, and corporations to address hunger and its root cause, poverty.
Follow FRAC on their social media platforms:
- Facebook: facebook.com/foodresearchandactioncenter
- Twitter: twitter.com/fractweets
- Instagram: instagram.com/fracgram
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/food-research- and-action- center