- The Main Course
- Stop the “Mommy Wars” and Report on Real Issues
- Sign the Ceasefire Petition to let media leaders know we expect them to cover real issues, not manufactured conflict.Demand a ceasefire in the so-called “Mommy Wars.” Help send a strong message to the media that uses this headline grabbing fiction to divide women. Get the facts, a synopsis and discussion points about this issue.
*Thanks to Mothers Ought to Have Equal Rights (MOTHERS) for partnering with us on this timely issue.
- The Vegetable Dish
- Make Covering Children a Top National Priority
- Sign the petition to tell Congress and the President that healthcare for all children should be a national priority. Tell the President and Congress it's not acceptable to have 9 million kids without healthcare coverage, and millions more with inadequate coverage. And it's not okay to have 46 million total uninsured Americans. In our country, healthcare issues shouldn't be a leading cause of bankruptcy, and our childhood mortality rates shouldn't rank in at a pathetic 37th of all nations, according to the World Health Organization. This is simply not acceptable.This petition is part of the Campaign for Children's Health Care, a national public education campaign involving more than forty organizations. Your petition signature will be shared with Families USA, a non-profit organization and Children's Health Care Campaign leader, which is collecting petition signatures from multiple organizations to deliver to the President and Congress in the spring of 2007.Get the facts, a synopsis and discussion points about this issue.
*Thanks to Families USA for bringing us this timely issue!
- The Dessert
- Tell Us About You--Fill Out the MomsRising Survey
- It’s all about you! Seriously, we want to know more about you and your priorities. Our job is to make it easy for MomsRising members to take meaningful action on behalf of the issues they are most passionate about. That is the way we will all succeed.
Please take a moment fill out the short MomsRising questionnaire (it takes less than 2 minutes to complete!) at: http://momsrising.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/momsrising/questionnaire.jsp?questionnaire_KEY=236&t=longsignup.dwt.
Tell us your priority issues, tell us your suggestions for what MomsRising should do, and tell us what you’d bring if we had a MomsRising bake sale at your state capital. (One member suggested we hold bake sales across the nation in order to highlight the fact that mother's are making less than others. The pricing would then be: $1 per cookie for men, 90 cents for women without children, 73 cents for mothers, and 60 cents for single moms). Share your fun, creative, smart, and savvy ideas in the questionnaire!Get the facts, a synopsis and discussion points about this issue.Back to top