Moms Demand U.S. Senators Vote ‘No’ on Amy Coney Barrett
“When the 100 U.S. Senators vote on whether to give Amy Coney Barrett a lifetime appointment on our highest court, they will be voting on whether:
- Tens of millions of moms in America, and their loved ones, will lose their health coverage.
- America’s moms, their daughters and sons, will be able to access birth control and abortion care.
- America’s moms will have meaningful protections against wage, promotion, and other forms of discrimination in the workplace, in education, and in civic life.
- Moms of color, immigrant moms, LGBTQ+ people, and those with disabilities will escape the structural racism and bias that constrains and limits their success.
- Our government will continue tearing babies and children away from their asylum-seeking moms.
- Opportunity in this country will be equal, women will be respected, and our democracy will be secure.
“The upcoming vote on Amy Coney Barrett matters deeply to moms, and we will be watching closely. President Trump and the U.S. Senate Republican majority have abused their power, subverted the rules, ignored their own promises, and violated common decency as they have packed the courts with jurists who do not share the country’s values.
“Moms want a U.S. Supreme Court that will protect, not shred, our rights and liberties. Every U.S. Senator who cares about moms, families, and our future must vote ‘no’ on confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett.”