2021 has just begun and MomsRising is already hitting the ground running -- but first, we’re taking a moment to celebrate having the first Black, South Asian woman Vice President in the history of the United States! This is a moment to pause and recognize how far we’ve come to reach this long-overdue milestone.
At the same time, we’re keeping it real about how far we still have to go. Accountability is essential for a healthy democracy. That’s why this month we launched an action to impeach and convict (now former) President Trump, which quickly became one of our fastest growing campaigns. And we’re delivering our MomsRising priorities for the 1st 100 days -- the MomsRising Mandate for America -- to President Biden and every member of Congress.
There is much to do, but already together, we’re making progress and building power for a 2021 full of wins!
Thank you for being part of the MomsRising movement.
"My mother would look at me and she'd say, 'Kamala, you may be the first to do many things, but make sure you are not the last.'" Congratulations to the first Black, South Asian woman and Momala Vice-President of our nation. Thank you for opening doors for the next generation and beyond.
The MomsRising movement celebrates this historic milestone!
The million member-strong MomsRising movement knows our country is in crisis and we need comprehensive solutions to tackle the needs of our nation. So, to get to solutions, we built a MomsRising Mandate for America. This policy plan will not only help rebuild America and advance recovery, but also to help transform our nation into a place where every family can thrive, as our businesses and economy thrive too. We’re urging Congress and the Biden Administration to:
- Advance emergency COVID-19 relief;
- Secure healthcare for everyone;
- Lift the economy, safety net, taxes, and jobs;
- Push forward criminal justice and policing reform;
- Strengthen workplace justice, including paid family and medical leave, as well as paid sick days;
- Pass affordable, accessible, quality childcare opportunities for all;
- Advance maternal health and reproductive health;
- Move forward fair treatment of all immigrant families;
- Strengthen gun safety;
- Expand voting rights along with democracy protection.
The Today Show:
“I recognize that we are all doing the best we can to navigate this pandemic. I really try to give myself, my family, my friends grace, and encourage them to give themselves grace.”
-- Tina Sherman