Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Vote!
1. Right now, the birth of a child is a top cause of a "poverty spell" in America, and nearly 1/4 of families with young children are living in poverty.
2. More than 50% of women have delayed seeking medical care due to cost, and one-third of women report forgoing basic necessities to pay for health care.
3. Child care costs more than college in a majority of U.S. states.
4. Over 170 countries have some form of paid family leave for new moms, but the U.S. doesn't.
5. A whopping 1 in 10 children in the United States have asthma and the attacks on clean air have been happening for years. Unchecked climate change will only make our air worse.
6. Nearly half (48%) of private-sector workers—and a whopping 78% of food and public accommodation workers are denied even a single paid sick day.  Which means when these employees -or their kids - get sick, they face an impossible choice: Go to work sick (or send a kid to school sick) or stay home and risk losing a day’s pay or possibly even their jobs.
7. The Toxic Substances Control Act of 1976 (TSCA) grandfathered in 62,000 chemicals. Our broken system leaves us exposed to countless toxic chemicals every day, chemicals that put our families at risk for cancer, learning disabilities, infertility, and more.
8. Studies show that moms are paid 73 cents to a man's dollar and single moms are paid about only about 60 cents to the dollar. Women of color experience increased wage hits on top of that.
9. Women and moms’ votes will decide the outcome of the Presidential and many other elections.
10. If you don’t vote, you can’t complain.