Momentum is building for the Build Back Better Act and with it will come some BIG improvements to health care! The time is now! We need YOUR voice, YOUR persistence, and YOUR push to get it over the finish line!
What’s the deal? Congress is coming back from recess this week and with our voices and continued engagement, we will win some BIG improvements in health care in the Build Back Better Act! It’s critical to make your voice heard to ensure your members of Congress know you support these critical health care investments:
- Investing in Home- and Community-based Services (HCBS) which helps people with physical or cognitive limitations get services in-home / in their community rather than in an institution. It will also improve quality measures for home care, protect spouses from becoming impoverished, and make “Money follows the Person” permanent, which helps people move from institutional settings to the community. 
- Lowering prescription drug prices by allowing Medicare to negotiate the prices of up to 20 new drugs a year, an out of pocket cap for seniors in Part D, an insulin cap, and instituting rebates for drug prices that grow faster than inflation. 
- Closing the Medicaid coverage gap through 2025 which will expand health care to over 2 million people in the 12 states that have refused to expand Medicaid. Fully 60 percent of uninsured people in these states are people of color, so closing the coverage gap is a key component to reduce racial health inequities.  (Uninsured people will be able to enroll in Marketplace plans without paying a premium beginning January 2022!)
- Extending the expanded Premium Tax Credit for ACA Marketplace plans through 2025 which will make health insurance for millions of Americans more affordable. 
- Permanently extending the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) ensuring that millions of children across the country have stable and dependable coverage, and allowing states to expand access to CHIP. 
- Addressing the Black maternal mortality crisis with better support for mothers and babies by including key provisions of the Black Maternal Health “Momnibus” bill. 
- Providing 12 months of continuous coverage for all kids enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP to prevent gaps in coverage for kids when families have a small change in income and reduce paperwork for families. 
- Expanding Medicare to include hearing coverage that includes hearing assessment services, management of hearing loss and related treatment. 
Like we said—BIG health care improvements are on their way! Let’s get this bill over the finish line.