#FoodFri Tweetchat: MomsRising's Food Power Event is Back! #FoodPower14
Happy Friday! Have you heard the news? MomsRising's Food Power event is back! We've teamed up with the The BLK Projek's Not Just Talk, a full-day conference of exciting women working in social justice. During the conference, MomsRising will host a brunch and workshop of fierce food justice women working to protect school meals, increase access to healthy food, and end junk food marketing to children. It will be an afternoon of networking, skill building, and YOU. RSVP HERE.
This #FoodFri we are chatting with the event Founder, Tanya Fields, executive director of The BLK Projek. We will also be joined by #FoodPower14 workshop panelists: Irina Gonzalez, Director of Audience Development at Latina Magazine and Alexandra Morbitzer, Founder of FitLatina, as well as Good Food Force Bloggers, Ola Akinmowo, Dara Cooper, Diana Limongi, Eileen Campos and Raquel Negron.
Join us this Friday, August 1, 2014, at 1pm, EST, as we get to know these extraordinary women and the work they do for families and communities everywhere!
Want to attend the event on Saturday, August 2, 2014? RSVP for the brunch or stay for the entire conference. Just spread the word by using #FoodPower14 to share your excitement on social media!
To join and follow the conversation on Twitter use the #FoodFri Hashtag in each tweet.
You can also follow the chat on Twubs.com/FoodFri. Twubs allows you to follow MomsRising’s registered hashtags by creating an account. Below I have noted the steps.
- Create an account using an email or your Twitter account.
- Enter the desired hashtag, #FoodFri, #WellnessWed or #EcoTipTue, in the search box found at the top of the page. Click Enter. A new page will open with the desired chat.
- Find the “Join This Twub” button found on the right-hand side bar and join the group.
- Adjust the speed of the conversation to your liking. Options are: Fast, Medium, Slow, Slower, or Slowest.
- Introduce yourself and join the conversation, by entering your comment, tips, or questions in the “Tweet to #FoodFri as [YourName] box”
- Or, respond to a specific tweet by hovering over the right-hand side of the individual’s tweet and selecting one of the icons.