On the RADIO show this week we cover Trump’s dangerous move to increase the detention of pregnant women; the victory of ending the practice of shackling women in prison during labor and what more needs to be done; advancing #CounselorsNotCops in New York State; and how to speak to children and adults about the school shootings.
*Special guests include:
- Katharina Obser, Women’s Refugee Commission’s Migrant Rights and Justice, @Kat_Obser;
- Omisade Burney-Scott, SisterSong, @Osunsweetnsour and @SisterSong_WOC;
- Beatriz Beckford, MomsRising, @MomsRising and @BeatrizBeckford;
- Lina Acosta Sandaal, Stop Parenting Alone and parenting expert on Telemundo’s national morning show Un Nuevo Dia, @parentingrelief.
HOW TO LISTEN:
- In the DC-area and on many stations across the nation;
- On TuneIn's Progressive Voices
- On WeActRadio
- iTunes Podcast
- Right here on the MomsRising site.
Tweet your thoughts with the #RisersRadio hashtag!