HAVE FUN, RAISE SOME MONEY, AND HELP SPREAD THE MOMSRISING MESSAGE
* PICK A PLACE & TIME – Pick a time and a place where you’ve got a guaranteed crowd to entice with your goods. Options may include: a local parade route, a busy local park, a local fair, or even a busy street corner. Feel free to also go the spontaneous route!
* JAZZ UP YOUR SET-UP – Set up with style – you may want to enlist kids to decorate your stand to give it a little pizzazz. Balloons, streamers, anything you’ve got left from a birthday party can do the trick. We’ve developed two MomsRising signs designed especially for kids to color and decorate. Click for our Lemonade Sale Sign OR Click for our Bake Sale Sign.
1. SIGN THEM UP! – Help grow this movement! Ask people who come to your bake sale or lemonade stand to sign up with MomsRising. It's free! And we're making progress at the local, state, and national levels to pass laws that help women, families and communities to make ends meet and to be healthier in so many ways. They just need to come to www.momsrising.org to check us out and sign up!
2. COLLECT DONATIONS: Our early, early bird testers in Helena, Montana found that people donated more than the suggested price at their bake sales. Ask for a donation or a set price. At the end of the sale (once you’ve reimbursed yourself for your expenses, if you wish), simply fill out our short donation form online.
At the end of your sale, you can snap a picture of your sign up forms and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. DROP US A LINE – Please let us know that you are holding a bake sale or lemonade stand by dropping us an email at email@example.com. Once we know about your project, we can share additional tips, provide you support and find out how it went.
Want to create a MomsRising circle that meets regularly? Step into your power and step into the circle-Check out our Keep Marching program today!