Last Exit for Gas for Healthcare Reform
Tomorrow's bipartisan meeting on health reform is "like the 'last exit for gas' sign on the interstate" for the fate of healthcare reform.
That's why we are joining with other organizations today for an in-person and virtual online march on Congress telling them to get down to business and pass real healthcare reform. Help get one million messages in support of healthcare reform to Congress today and generate a constituent uproar for change that our elected leaders can't ignore.
Send a message now!
And please forward this message on to your friends and families today so we can make sure Congress hears loud and clear that America's families can't wait any longer for affordable and secure healthcare.
The President's proposal for healthcare reform that was announced yesterday would rein in insurance company abuses and greatly increase the affordability and security of health insurance:
• It will end discrimination against Americans with pre-existing conditions.
• It makes insurance more affordable by providing the largest middle class tax cut for healthcare in history, reducing premium costs for tens of millions of families and small business owners who are priced out of coverage today. This helps over 31 million Americans afford healthcare who do not get it today -- and makes coverage more affordable for many more.
• It sets up a new competitive health insurance market giving tens of millions of Americans the exact same insurance choices that members of Congress will have.
• It brings greater accountability to healthcare by laying out commonsense rules of the road to keep premiums down and prevent insurance industry abuses and denial of care.
• It puts our budget and economy on a more stable path by reducing the deficit by $100 billion over the next ten years -- and about $1 trillion over the second decade -- by cutting government overspending and reining in waste, fraud and abuse.
Without healthcare reform we are all at risk of losing our healthcare if we lose a job or someone in our family gets a serious illness. 14,000 Americans are losing their healthcare every day! It's time to rein in insurance company abuses and take control of our families' future by passing real healthcare reform now.
Let's participate in a virtual uprising by sending a million messages to Congress today!
Together, we are a powerful voice for women, children, and families!
P.S. Are you on Twitter? Join @MomsRising tomorrow (Thursday) for a day of tweeting to Congress -- "Get it done, no more politics!" The day of the bipartisan healthcare summit is the perfect time to let Congress know we're done waiting. The time for action is now -- no more politics!
P.P.S. Find out what the President's proposal would mean for you by clicking here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting
 For more information about the President's health reform proposal see http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting/proposal.