Hope At Home - City & State Policies Moving Forward!
May 1, 2017
On the radio show this week we cover policies that are moving forward at the local level and how you can have an impact & talk tactics for holding the line at the federal level.
We discuss Seattle's recent paid family leave proposal; Trump’s terrible tax proposal that hurts our economy & only a billionaire could love; how to hold the line on healthcare; and good news on childcare policy and Pre-K for all in New York City.
Special guests include:
- Seattle City Council Member Lorena Gonzalez, @SeattleCouncil;
- Amy Matsui, National Women’s Law Center, @NWLC;
- Donna Norton, MomsRising, @MomsRising;
- Andrea Hagelgans, City of New York, @andreahagelgans.
HOW TO LISTEN:
- In the DC-area and on many stations across the nation;
- On TuneIn's Progressive Voices
- On WeActRadio
- as a podcast on iTunes
- right here on the MomsRising site.
Tweet your thoughts with hashtag #risers!
We'd love to hear from you! Please send guest suggestions and feedback to SarahHoward@MomsRising.org
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of MomsRising.org.
MomsRising.org strongly encourages our readers to post comments in response to blog posts. We value diversity of opinions and perspectives. Our goals for this space are to be educational, thought-provoking, and respectful. So we actively moderate comments and we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that undermine these goals. Thanks!