Green and healthy back to school resources for busy parents
I've found some great resources to help with this transition. Here you'll find eco-friendly, safe and healthy lunch information, how to find safer lunch gear, resources for helping your child's school or daycare become more non-toxic and green, and more. We had a very informative and fun #EcoTipTue tweet chat this Tuesday with even more tips that I will post about soon.
- The Center for Health and Justice's PVC Free Back to School Guide. This is a fabulous resource that covers art supplies, notebooks, backpacks, clothing and accessories.
- Eco-Friendly Back to School Guide, featuring backpacks and no waste lunch kits from Non-Toxic Kids.
- Great Back to School Tips from Trina at O'Boy Organic.
- Here is a Healthy Tools School Kit from Healthy Child Healthy World to improve learning environments are kids are in every day!
- Top 10 Lunch Room Survival Strategies. Adorable. Written by a mom and son team.
- Non-Toxic backpack choices for elementary school and preschool kids.
- Healthy Packed Lunch Ideas for this school year
- The Green Moms have done it again! Here is a fantastic back to school carnival featuring healthy lunches, better school supplies, greener gear, safer schools, positive action, and tips for teachers. Tons of great reading here.
- A lovely post about the power of teachers, from a parent. This is a very inspirational read for any parent or teacher.
- Have a nut allergic child? Don't freak out. Here are some snacks you can send in to school.
- In charge of the school fundraiser? No more wrapping paper or selling chocolate. Check out the new fundraising options for schools from MightyNest. Make money for the school AND promote greener, safer living. Win-win!