#FoodFri Tweetchat: Sheds 100 Pounds + Gains Love of Food
With the New Year comes countless resolutions to lose weight. We start off with a vengeance. We're sure cutting calories, writing food journals and heading to the gym will remove help us lose 5, 10, 15 pounds. Yet, somewhere along the line we lose our momentum and our hope.
The problem: We want a quick fix not a lifestyle change.
This week MomsRising wants to inspire you with Irina Gonzalez's success story. Not only did she lose 100 lbs, she gained a love of food that she didn't have before. Join us this Friday, January 10, 2014, at 1pm EST /10 a.m PST to hear her story and discuss how relationships, with ourselves and others, can help or hinder our relationship with food.
Irina Gonzalez lost 100 pounds and gained a love of veggies! After a lifelong struggle with obesity, she made the difficult decision to get a gastric bypass--and her life has never been the same. After losing the weight, she transformed her habits in and out of the kitchen by eating (mostly) healthy food--with a Latin twist. When she's not cooking healthy meals at home and sharing the recipes on her blog, Healthy Latin Food, she can be found enjoying her work at Latina.com & The Latin Kitchen, exploring the latest taco shop in NYC or planning her next culinary vacation. Follow Irina on her blog, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
You can also follow the chat on Twubs.com/FoodFri. Twubs allows you to follow MomsRising's registered hashtags by creating an account. Below I have noted the steps.
- Create an account using an email or your Twitter account.
- Enter the desired hashtag, #FoodFri, #WellnessWed or #EcoTipTue, in the search box found at the top of the page. Click Enter. A new page will open with the desired chat.
- Find the "Join This Twub" button found on the right-hand side bar and join the group.
- Adjust the speed of the conversation to your liking. Options are: Fast, Medium, Slow, Slower, or Slowest.
- Introduce yourself and join the conversation, by entering your comment, tips, or questions in the "Tweet to #FoodFri as [YourName] box"
- Or, respond to a specific tweet by hovering over the right-hand side of the individual's tweet and selecting one of the icons.