Experts answer MomsRising members' questions about health reform
We receive lots of great questions from our members across the nation asking about how health reform will impact children, moms, dads, and families. So we resolved to get the answers from our country's experts.
Want the lowdown on healthcare reform and how it impacts you directly from the source? Check out these videos of Secretary Sebelius and members of Congress answering questions from MomsRising members.
Secretary Sebelius discusses the Affordable Care Act and how it provides more access to treatment and preventive services for all Americans, especially women and families, with National Campaign Director at MomsRising Donna Norton, and actress and women's health advocate Fran Drescher:
Senator Tom Udall answers questions from MomsRising members about how:
• To take advantage of new provisions to allow young adults of up to age 26 to stay on their parents insurance policies, and
• Health reform will control costs of insurance.
Senator Jeff Merkley answers questions from MomsRising members about:
• New legislation passed in health reform to facilitate breastfeeding in the workplace, and
• What incentives there are in health reform to prevent diseases before they start.
Senator Robert Menendez answers questions from MomsRising members about how health reform helps:
• People who have expensive and poor coverage through their employers,
• Moms with postpartum depression and other mental health issues, and
• Children with special needs