Democracy In Action!
May 29, 2017
On the radio show this week we cover the latest on healthcare and what you can do to make sure it isn’t cut for 23 million people; the terrible, awful, no good, very bad budget that Trump proposed and how to stop it; paid family and medical leave in the United States of America; and why David Clarke’s appointment to the Department of Homeland Security is a disaster.
SPECIAL GUESTS INCLUDE:
- Congresswoman Debbie Dingell, @RepDebDingell;
- Melissa Boteach, Poverty to Prosperity Program at American Progress, @amprog;
- Katie Bethell, PL+US, @PaidLeaveUS;
- Christine Neuman-Ortiz, Voces de la Frontera, @voces_milwaukee
HOW TO LISTEN:
- In the DC-area and on many stations across the nation;
- On TuneIn's Progressive Voices
- On WeActRadio
- as a podcast on iTunes
- right here on the MomsRising site.
Tweet your thoughts with hashtag #risers!
We'd love to hear from you! Please send suggestions and feedback to SarahHoward@MomsRising.org
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of MomsRising.org.
MomsRising.org strongly encourages our readers to post comments in response to blog posts. We value diversity of opinions and perspectives. Our goals for this space are to be educational, thought-provoking, and respectful. So we actively moderate comments and we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that undermine these goals. Thanks!