Activism In the Time of Trump
April 14, 2017
On the #RADIO show this week, we cover the importance of the Tax March/#TaxDay; activism in the time of Trump and tackling implicit bias; the rights of incarcerated pregnant women; and the importance of bilingual education. Throughout the show, there are tips and tactics for what YOU can do to make a difference.
*Special guests include:
- Anna Chu, National Women’s Law Center, @Chuster;
- Heather McGhee, President of Demos, @hmcghee;
- Rachel Roth, author of Making Women Pay: The Hidden Costs of Fetal Rights; blogger for MomsRising
- Maritere Bellas author of Raising Bilingual Children: A Practical Guide and Arroz con Pollo & Apple Pie: Raising Bicultural Children, @maritererbellas
HOW TO LISTEN:
- In the DC-area and on many stations across the nation;
- On TuneIn's Progressive Voices
- On WeActRadio
- As a podcast on iTunes
- Right here on the MomsRising site.
Tweet your thoughts with hashtag #risers!
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of MomsRising.org.
MomsRising.org strongly encourages our readers to post comments in response to blog posts. We value diversity of opinions and perspectives. Our goals for this space are to be educational, thought-provoking, and respectful. So we actively moderate comments and we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that undermine these goals. Thanks!