Tips to Help Latino Children Start Kindergarten At a Healthy Weight #FoodFri
Study after study has shown that healthy Latino children are more likely to become healthy Latino adults. And most eating habits are formed when children are young. Ensuring children entering kindergarten start at a healthy weight will help them, giving them a better chance of not developing diabetes, asthma, cancer, and other health issues.
Join #FoodFri on April 15, 2016, between 1 and 2pm, Eastern, to chat with @MomsRising,kindergarten at a healthy weight!
This chat will be conducted in English and Spanish so feel free to join in either language.
Join us and invite a friend (or two!) on Twitter by clicking below.
To join and follow the conversation on Twitter use the #FoodFri Hashtag in each tweet.
You can also follow the chat on Twubs.com/FoodFri. Twubs allows you to follow MomsRising’s registered hashtags by creating an account. Below I have noted the steps.
- Create an account using an email or your Twitter account.
- Enter the desired hashtag, #FoodFri, #WellnessWed or #EcoTipTue, in
the search box found at the top of the page. Click Enter. A new page
will open with the desired chat.
- Find the “Join This Twub” button found on the right-hand side bar and join the group.
- Adjust the speed of the conversation to your liking. Options are: Fast, Medium, Slow, Slower, or Slowest.
- Introduce yourself and join the conversation, by entering your
comment, tips, or questions in the “Tweet to #FoodFri as [YourName] box”
- Or, respond to a specific tweet by hovering over the right-hand side of the individual’s tweet and selecting one of the icons.
More about our #FoodFri Featured Co-Host(s):
Salud Today aims to improve Latino health. Based at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, the SaludToday campaign and blog features the latest information form our research projects - Salud America!, and Redes En Accion, and from others across the nation.