Super Moms Needed!
Want to join a national network of Super Moms helping to lead our movement for moms and families?
2024 will be a big election year, there’s lots of great legislation gaining momentum in Congress, and MomsRising is getting ready to go big to meet the moment. We are looking for people like YOU, Super Moms, Dads, and Caregivers to work with us in a deeper way – people who are interested in building power and leading in their communities to help make sure the policy priorities of moms and families are reflected at the policy making table, and also at the polls.
This leadership development program is for all kinds of moms and caregivers, including those who are already community leaders, or who are looking to amp up their advocacy and leadership skills! Moms in the program get leadership training as well as hands-on support and guidance on a range of advocacy tactics, including how to:
- Organize meet-ups
- Conduct on-the-ground voter engagement activities
- Advocate directly with lawmakers
- Speak to the media
- And much more!
Here are some comments from moms who’ve just completed the 2023 program:
Kayla said: “I am so glad to have these opportunities and be a part of that voice in bringing change to our country and communities!"
Sunshine said: “This has been a very blessed experience. I loved the love and support and all of the things that I learned.”
Pamela said: “Thank you for all the support and encouragement. Everything that was poured in me made me an even stronger leader!”
Are you in? MomsRising is looking for Super Mom volunteer leaders to help shorten the distance between moms’ voices on the ground and Washington, DC, and who want to make a difference in 2024. We are looking for Super Moms to unleash their organizing and leadership skills at the cutting edge of MomsRising’s movement to create change, especially ahead of the elections next year.
Here are some program details:
- Each volunteer New Beacon Community Leader (or New Beacon) will get skills to build and lead their own hub of volunteers, drawing from personal networks of family, neighbors, and friends, and also from MomsRising members near them, with MomsRising backing them up every step of the way.
- Each volunteer New Beacon Community Leader will learn how to undertake one or more in-person or online events or actions every month or so from a list of suggested activities or in consultation with MomsRising. The more active you are, the more you’ll learn and the more powerful you’ll be!
- Each volunteer New Beacon Community Leader will be invited to a special online program orientation for education and networking, as well as participate in monthly online program meetings for additional training, community building, and brainstorming.
- In this 10-month program, each volunteer New Beacon Community Leader will be offered a small advance volunteer reimbursement stipend. You’ll also receive an advocacy toolkit with useful and fun items to help build Hubs, build the MomsRising movement, and build the grassroots power of moms and families.
We'll be reviewing applications, including scheduling follow-up interviews, over the next few weeks, with acceptances decided by late January.
Make sure you share this with other Super Moms who you think would be strong candidates for this program.