Right now, almost half of all workers in Illinois don't have a single paid sick day. Too many Americans are forced to go to work sick, to choose between taking time off to care for a sick child or losing a day's pay, or even end up losing their jobs when illness strikes. It's time to solve this problem and build the movement to bring paid sick days to Illinois!
A paid sick days bill in Illinois would:
- bring paid sick days to nearly 2.5 million workers
- allow full time employees to earn up to 7 paid sick days per year
- allow part-time workers to earn a prorated amount of paid sick days
- provide leave for an employee’s illness or to care for the illness of a family member
- provide leave time for medical appointments
Sign up as a member of MomsRising.org today! We will keep you updated on future campaign activities and creative ways to get involved.