Paid Sick Days in Illinois
Right now, almost half of all workers in Illinois don't have a single paid sick day. Too many Americans are forced to go to work sick, to choose between taking time off to care for a sick child or losing a day's pay, or even end up losing their jobs when illness strikes. It's time to solve this problem and build the movement to bring paid sick days to Illinois!
A paid sick days bill in Illinois would:
- bring paid sick days to nearly 2.5 million workers
- allow full time employees to earn up to 7 paid sick days per year
- allow part-time workers to earn a prorated amount of paid sick days
- provide leave for an employee’s illness or to care for the illness of a family member
- provide leave time for medical appointments
Sign up as a member of MomsRising.org today! We will keep you updated on future campaign activities and creative ways to get involved.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of MomsRising.org.
MomsRising.org strongly encourages our readers to post comments in response to blog posts. We value diversity of opinions and perspectives. Our goals for this space are to be educational, thought-provoking, and respectful. So we actively moderate comments and we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that undermine these goals. Thanks!