It's hard to believe that 2022 is just around the corner and that means Washington State's 2022 legislative session will be here before we know it. The 2022 session is a short, 60-day session which means we only have a few weeks to make a big impact. That's why we are asking our members -- like you! -- to join us in taking action by delivering the 2022 MomsRising WA Legislative Agenda to your legislators.
Sign up here for our *Month of Action* and deliver the 2022 WA MomsRising Legislative Agenda straight to your legislators! When you click you'll be taken to our PDF toolkit if we have all the required information.
There will be a lot going on in the next legislative session and with this work, it's so critical that legislators are hearing from families like yours so they know where the gaps are as they set their priorities for 2022.
Sign up here to take part in our month of action by e-meeting with your Washington State legislators about MomsRising's 2022 legislative agenda! We will send you everything you need to lead a MOMumental meeting. When you click you'll be taken to our PDF toolkit if we have all the required information.
**Don't have time for a meeting? You can also drop off the legislative agenda at your legislators' offices at a time that works best for you and your family! Our Legislator Meeting Guide also includes everything you need to lead a high-impact drop off too! Sign up here! When you click you'll be taken to our PDF toolkit if we have all the required information.
This is a great way to take action and share your support for family-focused policies with the people who represent you in Olympia. This is also a great way to talk with legislators about other issues that are top of mind for you and your community while building a relationship with your lawmakers! We will send you everything you need for a powerful meeting including an easy, step-by-step guide.
When legislators invest in working families, it sets the course for a strong future for us all.
That's why moms, parents, and kiddos are asking Washington State lawmakers to champion policies that lift families, businesses, and the economy, including:
- Fix outdated unemployment insurance laws.
- Expand access to dental care.
- Fix our upside down tax code by fighting for a wealth tax (HB1406), an anti-displacement tax (HB1494), an estate tax (HB1465) to raise greater awareness about and prompt change to Washington State’s upside down tax code.
- Provide reimbursements for people with lived experience who serve on legislative work groups so their expertise and time is respected.
- Ensure equitable, high-quality implementation of the incredible family-centered policies that you’ve helped to make a reality including Paid Family and Medical Leave, the Working Families Tax Credit, and Fair Start for Kids Act so all families have access to the early care and education opportunities that meet their needs.
We need your help! Washington State legislators need to hear from families like yours! Sign up here to share the 2022 MomsRising Legislative Agenda with your legislators. We will send you everything you need to have a high-impact meeting or drop-off with your state lawmakers. When you click you'll be taken to our PDF toolkit if we have all the required information.
The more MomsRising members who reach out to their state legislators, the more powerful we are. And advocacy is always better with friends -- sign up to do a drop-off or a meeting with your friends and their kiddos to make it a fun, community building experience.