The Biggest, Boldest Effort Ever to Turn Out the Moms Vote: MomsRising’s Massive, Unprecedented GOTV Program Will Reach Tens of Millions of Mom Voters by Tuesday
Powered by incredible energy from moms across the country, and with a day left before the election, MomsRising’s unprecedented multi-million dollar get-out-the-vote (GOTV) mobilization is already the largest and most successful effort ever to turn out mom voters. To date, MomsRising’s outreach has included:
- 4.5 million postcards, a large percentage hand-written by moms, getting information about how to vote to moms who don’t always vote.
- Combined volunteer and paid texting on track to send 20 million texts to low-frequency mom voters, helping them learn how and where to vote. On Sunday alone, MomsRising volunteers reached more than 2.3 million low-frequency-voting moms, providing information about where they can vote in-person, via drop box, or in another way.
- More than 79,534,246 people reached on social media in English and Spanish -- and rising!
- Spanish-language GOTV ads on stations in Arizona, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
- Volunteer phone banks that are reaching thousands of mom voters the week before the election to give people the information they need to vote.
- Digital ads reaching more than 10 million low-frequency mom voters.
- More than 250 volunteer local ‘Beacons of Hope Precinct Captains’ – State-based MomsRising members organizing voter turnout, who have already personally reached well over 300,000 low-frequency mom voters in their communities.
“Moms are a powerful, often overlooked voting and political force,” said MomsRising CEO Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner. “Our movement includes Black, Latino, White, Asian, Muslim, Jewish, and Christian mothers, and mothers of all immigration statuses. We are moms who are differently abled, trans and gender non-conforming, and sometimes we are all those moms in one. This year, together, we’re showing up as the powerful force that we are. This has been the biggest, boldest voter engagement outreach from and to moms ever.”
“America’s moms recognize that this election will shape our country’s future and determine the kind of world we will leave to our children and their children -- and moms are stepping up to the challenge of ensuring this election is free and fair," added Donna Norton, MomsRising executive vice president.
“In the face of massive voter intimidation and unethical attempts to confuse and deter voters, moms are working hard to protect our democracy by turning out the moms vote this year. The response from MomsRising and MamásConPoder members to this effort has been extraordinary, exceeding our most optimistic expectations. With so much at stake, Latina moms are flexing their political muscle this year,” said Xochitl Oseguera, vice president of MomsRising and MamásConPoder.
"The energy of MomsRising volunteers has been through the roof, confirming what we've known all along, that moms reaching out to other moms is one of the most powerful forces in the world," said MomsRising Vice President for Member Engagement Gloria Pan.
MomsRising, started in 2006, is an online and on-the-ground organization of more than one million mothers and their families.