[VIDEO] Margarita in CA shares why health care is important to her
MomsRising collects stories from our members all across the U.S. about how health care policies are impacting families. Here is a powerful story about the need to make sure everyone has access to quality, affordable health care from a MomsRising volunteer, Margarita, in California:
Does your family have a health care story? Personal experiences are powerful and can make a HUGE difference in helping elected leaders and others understand how health care policies impact families. Have you or a family member:
- Had COVID-19 (coronavirus) and had to receive treatment?
- Had a ‘pre-existing condition’ like asthma, diabetes, or high blood pressure (or even a c-section)?
- Gotten health insurance coverage through your state’s Marketplace or Medicaid program?
- Had an illness or disability that requires expensive prescription drugs or frequent medical visits, treatments, or surgeries?
- Experienced discriminatory behavior from a medical professional?
- Received a surprise medical bill after receiving medical treatment?
You can share your family's health care story here: https://action.momsrising.org/survey/healthcarestories_2020/?source=blog