Thirsty Families, Undocumented Immigrants & #FlintWater Next Steps at #FoodFri
A community poisoned. Rashes, hair loss and unexplained illnesses. Children exposed to lead. Development halted before it even had a chance. The future is dismal for many of the young ones. Decreased IQ, behavorial and cognitive problems and a range of other health issues lie ahead.
It sounds like the makings of a horror movie, but this in fact is the reality of Flint, Michigan.
Join #FoodFri on Friday, February 5, 2016, between 1-2p.m., as @MomsRising chats with @FoodandWater, @LynnaFWW and @combsthepoet about the #FlintWaterCrisis, thirsty families, undocumented immigrants and next steps.
Please click below to invite others to this important conversation. Together, we can act to help a community.
To join and follow the conversation on Twitter use the #FoodFri Hashtag in each tweet.
You can also follow the chat on Twubs.com/FoodFri. Twubs allows you to follow MomsRising’s registered hashtags by creating an account. Below I have noted the steps.
- Create an account using an email or your Twitter account.
- Enter the desired hashtag, #FoodFri, #WellnessWed or #EcoTipTue, in the search box found at the top of the page. Click Enter. A new page will open with the desired chat.
- Find the “Join This Twub” button found on the right-hand side bar and join the group.
- Adjust the speed of the conversation to your liking. Options are: Fast, Medium, Slow, Slower, or Slowest.
- Introduce yourself and join the conversation, by entering your
comment, tips, or questions in the “Tweet to #FoodFri as [YourName] box”
- Or, respond to a specific tweet by hovering over the right-hand side of the individual’s tweet and selecting one of the icons.