How your donation is making a difference
It’s fall. Time for change! Backed by your generosity, MomsRising members are rising for change all over America — to get out the vote, stand up for kids, end family separation and so much more. Thank you for being a part of it. We couldn’t rise without you!
Read all about your impact in this September issue of MOMentum.
P.S. We love your feedback and comments. Send them to email@example.com. Thank you!
GENERATING VOTER MOMENTUM FOR ELECTION DAY
Powered by your donations, the #MomsVote campaign kicked into high gear this month.
- CHECK. Can’t vote if you’re not registered! We helped thousands of people double-check their voter registration using our online tool. Are you sure you’re registered to vote?
- REGISTER. We pulled out all the stops for National Voter Registration Day, Sept. 25. Check out the hashtag #NationalVoterRegistrationDay and our Twitter account to see the wide variety of resources shared!
- PUNCH. Fired-up MomsRising members began punching the #CantWait2Vote panic button — over 1,000 times in 2 weeks! — relieving stress and generating powerful MOMentum as we approach Election day.
- LATINXVOTAN. For Hispanic Heritage Month (Sept. 15 - Oct. 15), MamásConPoder, our Spanish speaking community, is featuring the #CantWait2Vote/#MeUrgeVotar stories of Latinx moms, many of whom are also millennials, immigrants, and/or first-time voters. Check out MamasConPoder Instagram for their inspirational #LatinxVotan videos!
Thank you for all the ways YOU are helping turn out a massive, energized, ready-to-change-the-world #MomsVote for the November election.
NO “SITTING IN” AT THIS GRANITE STATE RALLY. IT’S A PLAY IN!
From left to right: Moms Clean Air Force NH Director Sara Persechino, NH State Sen. Dan Feltes, Sen. Maggie Hassan, Rep. Annie Kuster, Executive Councilor Andru H. Volinsky, MomsRising NH Director Christina D'Allesandro, State Senator Lou D'Allesandro and Anthony Smith.
At MomsRising events, kids are welcomed! Earlier this month, MomsRising NH staff and members of our community joined forces with Moms Clean Air Force, NH Sierra Club, New Futures’ Kids Count and NH Public Health Association for “Play In For Our Future,” at a family friendly rally to support clean air, healthy spaces and support for parents.
“What a fun event today was. Feeling so grateful for all the opportunities I’ve had volunteering with MomsRising. [My daughter] has had a tough week medically and for her to end it talking 1-1 with a sitting US Senator who ‘gets it’ fills my heart with gratitude and optimism for the future. So much appreciation for all you do to bring people together around such important issues.”
– MomsRising volunteer speaking to Christina D’Allesandro, MomsRising’s NH State Moms Force Director
Your donations make events like these possible. We appreciate your support!
“There are millions of children and families across the country who would face fear and uncertainty if Brett Kavanaugh is confirmed to the Supreme Court. And with Little Lobbyists [and] MomsRising [...] I am one of the many Americans across the country who are fighting for our right to access health care.”
– Jamie Smith, MomsRising Keep Marching Leader, The Hill, Aug. 31
Members share how MomsRising is a positive force in their lives
“My motivation for supporting MomsRising is my commitment to fighting for common sense gun safety laws. I am in support of many of the issues that you advocate for and feel confident that my donation will be put towards good work.”
Thank you, Julie!
Tell us, what does MomsRising means to you? Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!