NC Medicaid Expansion: Your Essential Resource Hub
After years of advocacy, North Carolina is expanding Medicaid coverage to low-income uninsured adults! We could not be more excited for the hundreds of thousands of North Carolinians who will finally be able to get the health care they need. We have compiled the resources below to help you get covered if you need insurance and invite you to join us in spreading the word to your friends, neighbors, and loved ones.
Who qualifies for Medicaid expansion in North Carolina?
- You live in North Carolina
- You are ages 19 through 64
- You are a citizen (some non-US citizens can also get health care coverage through Medicaid)
- Your household income is below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level:
What information do I need for NC Medicaid Enrollment?
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (or immigration documents)
- North Carolina residency (photo ID with NC address, utility bill, lease, etc)
- Income information (from paystubs, W-2 forms, tax returns or business records)
*North Carolina uses external resources to double-check the info you share. If they need more info, you’ll receive a letter from your local DSS.
How do I apply for NC Medicaid?
- Online through HealthCare.gov
- Print and fill out a paper application
- In person at your local DSS office
- Call your local DSS office
- Learn more at Medicaid.ncdhhs.gov
How can I help get the word out about Medicaid expansion to my community?
MomsRising has a toolkit with shareable images and a flyer you can use. We’ve made it super easy for you to help spread the word about Medicaid expansion with a social media toolkit and flyer you can share online and with your community. All you need to do is click here and we’ll send everything straight to your inbox.