Let's Talk About Community Health Initiatives & Superfoods with Congressman Rangel at #FoodFri
To mark the 6th Anniversary of the Affordable Care Act, MomsRising and Congressman Rangel are joining forces to host a #FoodFri tweetchat!
Last year Congressman Rangel introduced the Rangel Resolution initiative. The initiative showcased the importance of committing to a healthy lifestyle with 3 simple steps:
- Replace all sugary beverages with water;
- Eat breakfast every day; and
- Eat at least one serving of fruits and vegetables a day
This year, Congressman Rangel will build off last year's Rangel Resolution by introducing the 3 additional steps in the Rangel Resolution 2.0. Our tweetchat will help kick off this initiative, which will run throughout the month of March.
Join us and invite a friend by clicking below!
To join and follow the conversation on Twitter use the #FoodFri Hashtag in each tweet.
You can also follow the chat on Twubs.com/FoodFri. Twubs allows you to follow MomsRising’s registered hashtags by creating an account. Below I have noted the steps.
- Create an account using an email or your Twitter account.
- Enter the desired hashtag, #FoodFri, #WellnessWed or #EcoTipTue, in
the search box found at the top of the page. Click Enter. A new page
will open with the desired chat.
- Find the “Join This Twub” button found on the right-hand side bar and join the group.
- Adjust the speed of the conversation to your liking. Options are: Fast, Medium, Slow, Slower, or Slowest.
- Introduce yourself and join the conversation, by entering your
comment, tips, or questions in the “Tweet to #FoodFri as [YourName] box”
- Or, respond to a specific tweet by hovering over the right-hand side of the individual’s tweet and selecting one of the icons.
More about our #FoodFri Featured Co-Host(s):
Congressman Charles B. Rangel, currently serving his 23rd term, represents New York's 13th Congressional District that includes Upper Manhattan and part of the Bronx. During his 45 years in Congress, Congressman Rangel has fought to give everyone in America an equal opportunity to succeed. Congressman Rangel was the primary sponsor of the Affordable Care Act, which has provided millions of people access to health insurance and preventive care. Congressman Rangel has been promoting the importance of adopting a healthy lifestyle through his wellness initiative, the Rangel Resolution.