Learn What Families, Schools, and Communities Are Doing to Help Kids Grow Up at a Healthy Weight #FoodFri
Author's Note: Although this chat ended you can click to read the August 5, 2016 #FoodFri STORIFY - a curated list of said chat's tweets compiled into a story format, to learn more about the topic, review chat resources and engage with chat panelist(s) and participants.
The national childhood obesity rate has leveled off – and we’re even beginning to see rates decline in some places and among some groups! From large cities like Philadelphia to rural areas like Cherokee County, S.C., to entire states like New Mexico, these places and the approaches they’ve taken differ in many ways, but they all have one thing in common: They made the issue a priority, and worked hard to make it easier for children and families to be active and eat healthier foods.
Join #FoodFri on Friday, August 5, from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm ET with @MomsRising and @RWJF_Live as we learn about what families, schools, and communities are doing to help kids grow up at a healthy weight.
Spread the word, and invite a friend (or two) by clicking the link below!
To join and follow the conversation on Twitter use the #FoodFri Hashtag in each tweet.
You can also follow the chat on Twubs.com/FoodFri. Twubs allows you to follow MomsRising’s registered hashtags by creating an account. Below I have noted the steps.
- Create an account using an email or your Twitter account.
- Enter the desired hashtag, #FoodFri, #WellnessWed or #EcoTipTue, in
the search box found at the top of the page. Click Enter. A new page
will open with the desired chat.
- Find the “Join This Twub” button found on the right-hand side bar and join the group.
- Adjust the speed of the conversation to your liking. Options are: Fast, Medium, Slow, Slower, or Slowest.
- Introduce yourself and join the conversation, by entering your
comment, tips, or questions in the “Tweet to #FoodFri as [YourName] box”
- Or, respond to a specific tweet by hovering over the right-hand side of the individual’s tweet and selecting one of the icons.
More about our #FoodFri Featured Co-Host(s):
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is working with others to build a national #CultureofHealth enabling everyone in America to live longer, healthier lives. o