September 15, 2017
During the #RADIO show this week, we cover organizing in the time of Trump and the importance of protecting immigrant children and families; how to fight ageism head on and the benefits of older workers in the workforce; the gender wage gap and how to get equal pay for equal work; and disaster relief funding, including how to make sure your dollars to to work with real people in real time.
*Special guests include:
- U.S. Representative Pramila Jayapal (D-7), @RepJayapal;
- Kelly Laflamme, Endowment’s Elder Health Initiative and the Immigrant Integration Initiative, @EndowmentHealth;
- Ariane Hegewisch, Institute for Women’s Policy Research (IWPR), @IWPResearch; and
- Ben Smilowitz, Disaster Accountability Project, @disasteraccount
HOW TO LISTEN:
- In the DC-area and on many stations across the nation;
- On TuneIn's Progressive Voices
- On WeActRadio
- as a podcast on iTunes
- right here on the MomsRising site.
Tweet your thoughts with hashtag #risers!