Cooking With Children: Tips, Recipes and Success Stories #FoodFri
As a Mom, I want my children to learn to cook. Learning to cook offers children life benefits. From learning where food comes from to saving money, cooking has it's perks.
Please join #FoodFri this Friday from 10-11 am PT/1-2 pm ET as MomsRising and CSPI chat about cooking with children. They'll be sharing why it's good idea to get kids cooking and how to get them involved at home. They'll also share inspiring stories about kids’ cooking programs in schools—and of course, some great recipes for kids!
Help us get the word out and click below!
To join and follow the conversation on Twitter use the #FoodFri Hashtag in each tweet.
You can also follow the chat on Twubs.com/FoodFri. Twubs allows you to follow MomsRising’s registered hashtags by creating an account. Below I have noted the steps.
- Create an account using an email or your Twitter account.
- Enter the desired hashtag, #FoodFri, #WellnessWed or #EcoTipTue, in
the search box found at the top of the page. Click Enter. A new page
will open with the desired chat.
- Find the “Join This Twub” button found on the right-hand side bar and join the group.
- Adjust the speed of the conversation to your liking. Options are: Fast, Medium, Slow, Slower, or Slowest.
- Introduce yourself and join the conversation, by entering your
comment, tips, or questions in the “Tweet to #FoodFri as [YourName] box”
- Or, respond to a specific tweet by hovering over the right-hand side of the individual’s tweet and selecting one of the icons.
More about our #FoodFri Featured Co-Host(s):
Since 1971, CSPI has been a strong advocate for nutrition and health, food safety, alcohol policy, and sound science.
Founded by executive director Michael Jacobson, Ph.D. and two other
scientists, CSPI carved out a niche as the organized voice of the
American public on nutrition, food safety, health and other issues
during a boom of consumer and environmental protection awareness in the
early 1970s. CSPI has long sought to educate the public, advocate
government policies that are consistent with scientific evidence on
health and environmental issues, and counter industry’s powerful
influence on public opinion and public policies.