#RADIO this week! – The Real Feminist Nightmare - #FeminismIsForMothersToo
When the first lady is attacked and called a feminist nightmare for embracing her role as "mom-in-chief" -- despite her leadership in key policy areas like stemming the childhood obesity epidemic, increasing access to healthy food and aiding military families and veterans -- it's time to call foul. The real feminist nightmare is when women are undermined because they are mothers -- particularly because more than 80 percent of women in our nation have children by the time they're 44 years old.
*Special guests include: Tamara Winfrey Harris, author specializing in race and gender and their intersection with pop culture and politics; Joya Misra, author and Professor of Sociology and Public Policy at the University of Massachusetts; Lori Dorfman, Director Berkeley Media Studies Group; Kristin Larson.
*The following guests join Kristin this week on 1480 AM WeAct Radio, which also can be heard via additional broadcast stations, as well as on iTunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/moms-rising-radio/id533519537:
- Tamara Winfrey Harris, Author specializing in race and gender and their intersection with pop culture and politics @WhatTamiSaid
- Joya Misra, Author and Professor of Sociology and Public Policy at the University of Massachusetts @JoyaMisra
- Lori Dorfman, Director Berkeley Media Studies Group @LoriDorfman
- Kristin Larson, Super mom
- @RisersCoffeeCup, The coffee cup at the right hand of @MomsRising, Tweeting the inside scoop and commenting on the shows. Moms caffeinated for justice! #Risers (@RisersCoffeeCup)
*You can also listen to this show, and all future shows, via podcast on iTunes at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/moms-rising-radio/id533519537