Interfaith Call-in Day to Prevent Gun Violence
Over the past few months we have come together in the faith community many times to stop gun violence. We made a difference: our congregants made more than 10,000 calls to the Senate on February 4th in our Faiths Calling campaign. Since the Senate debate and vote on a gun violence prevention package is imminent, we are working hard to ensure our next call in day on April 9th rings loudly throughout the chambers of the Senate. We need you to help ensure our collective efforts are a success.
The debate in advance of the Senate vote is about to begin! Call your Senators on April 9th and insist that they act to prevent gun violence! Ensure that the voices of faithful Americans ring throughout the halls of Congress. Demand that we enact universal background checks – and pass other needed gun violence prevention measures such as bans on semi-automatic assault weapons & high-capacity magazines, gun trafficking laws, and improved access to mental health services. faithscalling.org
Try these for Facebook. Please post to your Facebook page, share the site on your wall/feed, change your cover photo, etc.
- Call your Senators today and insist that they act to prevent gun violence. Ensure that the voices of faithful Americans ring throughout the halls of Congress. http://faithscalling.org
- When you call your Senators for today's national Interfaith Call-in day, tell them universal background checks work and that you are a member of the faith community demanding action now. http://faithscalling.org
- Feel free to promote the Facebook event we created for people to save the date about the call-in: https://www.facebook.com/events/512299335483257
- I'm also attaching a jpg that you may use as your cover photo (you can see it at the RAC's facebook page, if you're curious how it looks – facebook.com/therac); and the photoshop files for this artwork so you can make any changes as appropriate for your site/audiences
Try these for Twitter: Campaign hashtag #faithscalling
- If not now, when? Today is Interfaith Call-In Day to #preventgunviolence #faithscalling http://faithscalling.org
- Ban semi-automatic assault weapons & high-capacity magazines to #preventgunviolence. Join me today: #faithscalling http://faithscalling.org
- Require universal #backgroundchecks for all gun purchases. Join me TODAY in telling Congress. #faithscalling http://faithscalling.org
- #Preventgunviolence TODAY: Improve access to mental health services now. Join me in calling Congress #faithscalling http://faithscalling.org
- The time is always right to do what is right - #MLK. Today, join me & call on Congress to #endgunviolence #faithscalling http://faithscalling.org
Here are some other #hashtags people are using:
#preventgunviolence #gunsafety #demandaplan #gunviolence #ifnotnowwhen
We are also seeking videos, suggestions, other material to help promote this through owned media channels that we all have access to; given the breadth of the participating communities, we are trying to find stuff that has the right tone and hope that anything you'd like to suggest would be great.
Please also let us know where you have promoted this and what kind of response you've gotten – we're looking forward to hearing about the impact you're having!
Thank you so much for your attention and support. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.