#RADIO this week! “It is so much better to do something than to do nothing!”Posted June 1st, 2013 by Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner
“It is so much better to do something than to do nothing!” On this show we uncover what’s going on with kids and access to food; hear the latest about the 49 public school closures in Chicago; learn about what started a key leader on the path to leadership when she was five years old; and find out how a small group of women took on Facebook’s policies about sexist imagery and won. And throughout the show we cover how all the little “somethings” that people do engaging in our democracy, add up into a big something, something!
*GUEST LIST – The following guests join Kristin this week on 1480 AM WeAct Radio, which also can be heard via additional broadcast stations, as well as on iTunes here: http://itunes.
· Lakshmi Sridaran, Policy Director for the Praxis Project (@lsridaran)
· Veronica Arreola, professional feminist, speaker, mom, wife, writer (Viva La Feminista), troublemaker and PhD student (@veronicaeye)
· Ai-jen Poo, Director of the National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA), (@aijenpoo)
· Jaclyn Friedman, Executive Director of Women Action Media, WAM (@jaclynf)
LISTEN – You can listen to this show, and all future shows, via podcast on iTunes at: http://itunes.
LINKS & RESOURCES FROM THE SHOW THIS WEEK:
- Learn more about the Praxis Project, here: http://www.thepraxisproject.
- Check out Veronica Areola’s blog Viva La Feminista, here: http://www.vivalafeminista.
- Help Chicago’s public schools, here: http://www.
movechicagoschoolsforward.com/ and http://petitions.moveon.org/ sign/chicago-public-schools-1
- Learn more about the National Domestic Workers Alliance, here: http://www.domesticworkers.
- Don’t miss the NY Times article Hate Speech on Facebook and Jessica Valenti’s post in The Nation, Could the Facebook Win be Feminism’s Tipping Point
- You can follow Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner on Twitter–and you can also follow MomsRising on Twitter and Facebook too.