I will NOT be denied: Protect women's health care!
The Maryland Women’s Coalition for Health Care Reform is proud to join the National Women’s Law Center’s I Will NOT Be Denied™ campaign to educate the public about the benefits of the health care law and what is at stake if it is repealed. We are joining the NWLC in releasing their new campaign video, which uses intimate portraits of women to highlight the importance of protecting the benefits that women are already receiving from the law and will continue to receive as new benefits roll out through 2014.
While opponents spread misinformation about the Affordable Care Act, the bottom line is that the health care law is already making a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives. Here’s how:
- Children with a pre-existing condition can’t be denied insurance!
- Young adults coming out of college and looking for a job can stay on their family's health plan!
- Family members can’t lose their coverage due to lifetime limits when they need it most!
- Women will get essential preventive care, including mammograms and family planning services without a co-pay or deductible starting on August 1, 2012!
- Seniors will receive a check to help pay for prescription drugs until the “donut hole” disappears and can now get an annual wellness visit!
- Small business tax credits help to provide insurance to employees.
And this is just the beginning. But opponents of this landmark legislation are fighting to take all these important and common-sense protections away from us.
Help us take a stand to protect women’s health care. Join the campaign, learn the facts, share the video and tell opponents of affordable care “I Will NOT Be Denied.”™. Follow us at MDWomen4Health and join @NWLC’s #NotDenied conversation on Twitter.
Leni Preston is Chair of the Maryland Women's Coalition for Health Care Reform.