Washington State Campaign Associate - MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund
The Campaign Associate will provide logistical, administrative, and campaign support to advance MomsRising’s organizing and advocacy in Washington State for MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund. They will support organizing and advocacy campaigns related to family economic security and early childhood development, including early childhood education, progressive revenue reform, the Working Families Tax Credit campaign, and paid family and medical leave outreach. They will also help to grow and mobilize our membership with a specific focus on advancing racial equity in practice and outcome. Candidates must be located in the Puget Sound region with ability to travel to in-person events (when safe to do so) in the Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia areas, with periodic statewide travel. They will work remotely with other members of the team who are in different locations.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to racial justice. They will be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized. They will also have sharp attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Spanish language fluency is preferred, but not required.
This is a full-time, exempt position that is eligible for benefits. The Campaign Associate will report to the Senior Campaign Director and work closely with other Washington State staff.
About the MomsRising organizations:
MomsRising Together is a 501(c)(4) virtual organization with staff working around the country. MomsRising Education Fund, is its affiliated 501(c)(3) public charity. Our core team of paid staff and volunteers work collaboratively to develop our strategies and campaigns. As virtual organizations, we use conference calls, IM, and email extensively to communicate, to create, and to care for each other. Our team enjoys a results-oriented work environment where the challenges and joys of balancing work, family, and personal time are understood.
The Campaign Associate will provide logistical, administrative, and campaign support and will be responsible for the following in Washington State:
- Planning member outreach and advocacy events, including coordinating with vendors, partners, and members and supporting turnout efforts
- Recruiting, staffing, and supporting parent leaders to engage in advocacy, including testimony, earned media, social media, legislative meetings, and more
- Contributing to team efforts to identify, train, and activate parent/caregiver leaders
- Supporting the Campaign Director to implement social media strategy and grow MomsRising’s online membership and presence, including curating, posting, and engaging with relevant and interesting content on MomsRising’s social media channels as well as in the Washington State MomsRising Facebook group
- Representing MomsRising/MamásConPoder at events and presentations
- Providing administrative and logistical support for the Senior Campaign Directors and the Washington State team, including scheduling, note taking, meeting logistics, and more
- Loading, scheduling, and sending state campaign alerts through ActionKit (MomsRising’s e-communication platform) and mobile texting systems
- Take on other assignments as needed to further the missions of the MomsRising organizations
We’re seeking candidates who see the critical role of administrative and logistical support in member organizing, mobilizing, and advocacy. They must be committed to transformational community organizing and centering the experiences of directly impacted families. They should excel at outreach and relationship-building. To qualify, you should have:
- 2 years experience working on campaigns or 3 years in closely-aligned political work.
- A demonstrated commitment to undoing institutional and systemic racism and other forms of oppression and advancing racial equity.
- Experience with grassroots organizing and mobilization in diverse communities.
- A willingness to work independently and manage multiple tasks and, at the same time, to work as part of a collaborative (and fun!) team
- A high level of attention to detail and willingness to track multiple projects at once
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, including attention to group dynamics
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. and blogging) and effective outreach strategies.
- Proficiency in email communications is critical
- Experience and/or interest in organizing communities to act for causes related to the missions of MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund.
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Ability to learn and use new communications tools quickly
- Ability to work with a team and take direction – sometimes from multiple people
- Comfortable working as part of a virtual organization
- Ability to travel within the state on a regular basis and perform evening and weekend work as needed.
- Flexible and willing to do what it takes to make campaigns successful.
Preferred Qualifications (Not required):
- Experience with event planning and execution preferred
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience working remotely
MomsRising understands that Covid-19 has presented new and unique challenges for working families and is committed to providing staff with a supportive and flexible work environment.
This is a virtual job with no physical office or office space stipend. Incumbent will work in their own home and communicate with coworkers through technology. Hours are flexible with some evening and weekend hours required. This position involves frequent statewide travel (when public health allows).
Must be able to work at a desk for blocks of time. Must be able to communicate verbally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to move objects/operate keyboards, reach with hands and arms, speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position with a salary of $52,000 to $57,000 per year, commensurate with experience. MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund provide a robust benefits package including eligibility for paid family and medical leave, medical/dental/vision coverage, generous PTO and sick time, and a retirement plan. The organizations cover 75% of an employee's and any dependent's medical, dental, and/or vision coverage.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Washington State Campaign Associate” in the subject line. Attach your resume and a letter telling us how you heard about this position and why you are interested. Only applications that include the requested materials will be considered. We are hiring for this position immediately, with applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications should be submitted by September 30, 2020.
It is expected that you will spend some of your time working for both MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund and that you will have an employment relationship with each organization.
MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to diversity – all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.