MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund
Full-time, exempt position, working closely with the Senior Accountant & Compliance Manager, the Staff Accountant of MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund is responsible for primarily providing finance/accounting support to the Finance and Operations team, and MomsRising as a whole. Specific tasks are detailed below.
About the MomsRising Organizations:
MomsRising Together is a 501(c)(4) virtual organization with staff working around the country. MomsRising Education Fund is its affiliated 501(c)(3) public charity. Our core team of paid staff and volunteers work collaboratively to develop our strategies and campaigns. As virtual organizations, we use conference calls, IM, and email extensively to communicate, to create, and to care for each other. Our team enjoys a results-oriented work environment where the challenges and joys of balancing work, family, and personal time are understood.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and maintain transactional accuracy and completeness in the financial accounting system; monitor all financial transactions for appropriateness, as well as for compliance with various grants and policies.
- Process all accounts payable invoices in bill.com: Review for code, contract term and any other compliance with expense policy; code to appropriate cost center and account; assign for approval; monitor approval and payments for timely turnaround.
- Process weekly employee expense reports in Nexonia: Review for appropriate documentation; compile and route for approval in a timely manner for payment.
- Process credit card transactions submitted by staff in Nexonia: Review for appropriate documentation; review cost center allocation; and route for approval.
- Prepare intercompany reconciliation from Intacct, to determine how much needs to be transferred in Commerce bank.
- Assist with major donor tracking and acknowledgement, by communicating to the team when donations are received.
- Assist HR Director and CFO with Timesheets and Payroll processing.
- Assist in preparation of monthly compensation allocations and cross-organizational expense allocations. Uploading allocation entries created by the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Carry out account reconciliations (Prepaids, AR, Fixed Assets, Cash, Schwab and others)
- Carry out necessary Month-end and Year-end processes.
- Mail and check processing, as needed.
- Other Adhoc activities as needed.
Essential Qualifications: You should be a self-starter, have excellent organizational skills, enjoy connecting with people and be a good team player. Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and at least five years of relevant experience in finance and accounting are required. Prior experience in a nonprofit organization and a CPA are highly desirable.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Extremely detailed at the transactional level; comfortable working with complex tracking and reporting requirements at the transactional level and at the organizational level.
- Well versed in accounting fundamentals and able to translate that understanding into optimizing various bookkeeping applications.
- Experienced with QuickBooks; familiarity with online business applications, database reporting, or grant management systems is desirable; experience with Intacct is a big plus.
- Experienced working with a 501C(3) and a 501C(4).
- Able to juggle multiple operations projects, as well as to work seamlessly within an Operations Team to handle requests across the organizations.
- Comfortable with a virtual office. Able to communicate well via IM, conference calls and email.
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a high-functioning, geographically dispersed team.
- At ease with technology and proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or the Google equivalents), email and database management.
- Able to learn new business applications and comfortable working online.
- Able to work successfully in a matrix management environment, providing support to members of the Finance and Operations team, as well as occasional support to others.
- Able to track a lot of moving parts and manage complex projects and multiple deadlines.
- Able to effectively manage details while keeping the big picture in mind.
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Eager to assist in empowering and engaging others in the democratic process.
This is a virtual job with no physical office or office space stipend. Incumbent will work in their own home and communicate with coworkers through technology. Hours are flexible with some evening and weekend hours required. Willingness and ability to travel periodically: to perform local tasks such as purchasing, mailing of boxes or envelopes, etc.; to meetings and events, including locations requiring air travel.
Must be able to work at a desk for blocks of time. Must be able to communicate verbally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to move objects/operate keyboards, reach with hands and arms, speak and hear. Ability to perform complex mental functions and concurrently manage multiple deadlines and projects. May be required to pick up and transport boxes of up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and benefits:
This position is full-time, exempt with a salary of $60,000 - $70,000 commensurate with experience. MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund provide a robust benefits package including eligibility for paid family and medical leave, medical/dental/vision coverage, generous PTO and sick time, and a Simple IRA retirement plan with an employer contribution. The organizations cover 75% of an employee's and any dependent's medical/dental/vision coverage.
It is expected that you will spend some of your time working for both MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund and that you will have an employment relationship with each organization.
MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to diversity – all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Contact: Claire Cohen, Creative Financial Staffing, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-859-0034