Early Learning Campaign Assistant - MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund
MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund are hiring a Campaign Assistant to support a variety of campaigns across the country. The Campaign Assistant will mobilize constituents through social media platforms as well as on-the-ground outreach. The Campaign Assistant will provide social media support for the Early Care and Education Team. The Campaign Assistant will also help recruit, train and activate members to take action on relevant issues, including outreach and education on child care access. We anticipate that the position will begin in April 2020.
This is a part-time position (20 hr/wk), that is eligible for benefits. The Campaign Assistant will report to a campaign director and work closely with the Early Care and Education Team.
About the MomsRising organizations:
MomsRising Together is a 501(c)(4) virtual organization with staff working around the country. MomsRising Education Fund, is its affiliated 501(c)(3) public charity. Our core team of paid staff and volunteers work collaboratively to develop our strategies and campaigns. As virtual organizations, we use conference calls, IM, and email extensively to communicate, to create, and to care for each other. Our team enjoys a results-oriented work environment where the challenges and joys of balancing work, family, and personal time are understood.
- Educate and engage volunteers and the public for on-the-ground and online activities using digital tools, play-ins, social media, and other tools
- Organize, track, and develop relationships with MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund storytellers to connect them with ongoing engagement opportunities within the organizations
- Develop sample social media content for campaigns, breaking news, and other key opportunities to share with MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund team and national coalition listservs
- Assist with creative development of social media toolkits
- Provide administrative support for the campaign, including taking notes during team meetings and organizing digital files
- After approval by campaign manager, load, schedule, and send national and state campaign email alerts in ActionKit
- Provide logistical support to the National Campaign Director, including group/event scheduling, ordering, tracking, and organizing variety of materials
- Commitment to working with diverse communities and commitment to advancing racial equity
- Strong dedication to organizing communities to act for causes related to the missions of MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund and partnering with parent leaders in community to help shape campaigns
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. and blogging)
- Proficiency in email communications is critical
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Self-directed independent worker who can look at the big picture while keeping track of details
- Ability to learn and use new communications tools quickly
- Ability to work with a team and take direction – sometimes from multiple people
- Comfortable working as part of a virtual organization
- Interest in early education and care policies
- Ability to travel occasionally and to make infrequent overnight trips
- Flexible and willing to do what it takes to make campaigns successful
Preferred Qualifications (Not required):
- Experience in community organizing, particularly in communities of color
- Experience working within the early childhood field
- Experience working remotely
This is a virtual job with no physical office or office space stipend. Successful candidates will work in their own home and communicate with coworkers through technology. Hours are flexible with some possible evening and weekend hours required.
Must be able to work at a desk for blocks of time. Must be able to communicate verbally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to move objects/operate keyboards, reach with hands and arms, speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and benefits:
This position is part-time, with an hourly rate of $19.23/hr - $24.75/hr at 20 hours a week. (Annual full-time equivalent salary of $40,000 - $51,500). MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund provide a robust benefits package including eligibility for paid family and medical leave, medical/dental/vision coverage, generous PTO and sick time, and a retirement plan. The organizations cover 75% of an employee's and 50% of any dependent's medical/dental/vision coverage, pro-rated accordingly for all part-time staff.
Send an email to Work@momsrising.org with Early Learning Campaign Assistant in the subject line. Attach your resume and a letter telling us how you heard about this position and why you are interested. Only applications that include the requested materials will be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
It is expected that you will spend some of your time working for both MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund and that you will have an employment relationship with each organization.
MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to diversity – all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.