Campaign Assistant – Technology Team
The Campaign Assistant will support the work of the technology team and assist with assigned cross-program campaigns and initiatives for MomsRising (MR).
MomsRising (www.momsrising.org) is a virtual organization with staff working around the country. Our core team of paid staff and volunteers work collaboratively to develop our strategies and campaigns. As a virtual organization, we use conference calls, email, IM, and Slack extensively to communicate, to create, and to care for each other. Our team enjoys a results-oriented work environment where the challenges and joys of balancing work, family, and personal time are understood.
This is a full-time position located in the Washington, DC area that is eligible for benefits. The Campaign Assistant will report to the Vice President for Member Engagement and work closely with other members of the MomsRising team.
- Help educate and engage volunteers and the public for on-the-ground and online activities using digital tools and other tactics, as well as social media
- Serve as a first point of contact for volunteers looking to climb the ladder of engagement
- Work with Technologist and VP to manage mobile and other campaign tools, providing training and support for campaign teams
- Maintain MomsRising’s events calendar
- Provide administrative support for the #KeepMarching (MomsRising’s community of most-engaged members), #CapitolMOMSDC, and #MomsVote volunteers, and other member engagement projects: schedule calls, staff online meetings, take notes during meetings, etc.
- After approval by campaign manager, load, schedule, and send national and state campaign email alerts in ActionKit
- Provide logistical support to VP, including group/event scheduling, ordering, tracking, and organizing a variety of materials
- Stay up to date with changes in campaign tools and social platforms to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Help organize and attend in-person events on Capitol Hill, including setting up meetings, creating invites for our members, figuring out logistics for speakers, creating social media strategy for events, and providing general support
- Assist in rapid responses
- Create and disseminate social media content for the campaign area. This includes:
- Social media events: tweetchats, blog carnivals, FB Live, etc.
- E-outreach social shares
- Create images for sharing on social media
- Articles/posts outside of the MomsRising content
- Follow up on posts shared on social media (respond to comments, etc.)
- Edit and update social media/editorial calendar as needed
- Responsible for ensuring e-outreaches for campaign area are published on the blog
- Actively participate in social media plans for campaign area
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excited by and facility with learning new technology tools
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) and blogging
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Interest in MomsRising issue areas, particularly civil rights and gun control
- Experience and/or interest in organizing communities to act for causes related to the mission of MomsRising
- Self-directed, independent worker who can look at the big picture while keeping track of details
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Skill in working with teams and taking direction
- Comfortable working as part of a virtual organization; previous remote work experience desirable
- Ability to travel locally on a regular basis and to make infrequent overnight trips
- Spanish language proficiency an added bonus
- Basic HTML proficiency with experience using an email marketing tool (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.) highly desirable
- Experience organizing online campaigns, specifically using mobile tools via SMS / MMS, highly desirable
- Experience using Canva or other photo-editing tools highly desirable
- Flexible and willing to do what it takes to make campaigns successful
Working conditions: This is a virtual job with no physical office or office space stipend. Successful candidate will work in own home and communicate with coworkers through technology. Hours are flexible, with some evening and weekend hours required.
Physical requirements: Must be able to work at a desk for blocks of time. Must be able to travel and perform physical tasks related to in-person and live events, including standing for long hours and marching in parades while holding banners and signs. Must be able to communicate verbally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to move objects/operate keyboards, reach with hands and arms, speak and hear.
Compensation and benefits: This position’s pay range is $40,000 - 60,000. MomsRising also provides a robust package of benefits, including employer-sponsored health care and a 401b retirement plan with an employer contribution. In addition to the organization’s flexible scheduling policies, full-time employees are eligible for up to 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of sick time, and 12 weeks of fully paid family and medical leave.
To apply: Send an email to email@example.com with “Technology Team Campaign Assistant” in the subject line. Attach your resume and a letter telling us how you heard about this position and why you are interested.
Only applications that include the requested materials will be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
MomsRising is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity – all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.