Campaign Assistant, MomsRising Justice League / State MomsForces
Summary: MomsRising is hiring a Campaign Assistant to support a variety of workplace justice campaigns across the country. The Campaign Assistant will mobilize constituents on-the-ground and online through digital tools and other tactics, as well as social media platforms. The Campaign Assistant will provide social media support for the Workplace Justice Team (internally referred to as the Justice League) -- including social media support for states with active StateMomsForces (SMF). We anticipate this position will start in September.
About MomsRising: MomsRising is a virtual organization with staff working around the country. Our core team of paid staff and volunteers work collaboratively to develop our strategies and campaigns. As a virtual organization, we use conference calls, IM, Slack, and email extensively to communicate, to create, and to care for each other. Our team enjoys a results-oriented work environment where the challenges and joys of balancing work, family, and personal time are understood.
This is a full-time position that is eligible for benefits. The location is flexible with a preference for either the Washington, DC area or midwest (Pennsylvania, Ohio, Minnesota, Iowa). The Campaign Assistant will report to a campaign director and work closely with other senior MomsRising leaders.
Justice League/SMF Support:
- Educate and engage volunteers and the public for on-the-ground and online activities using digital tools and other tactics, as well as social media
- Curate and post engaging content and campaign action opportunities in SMF Facebook groups
- Develop sample social media content for campaigns, breaking news, and other key opportunities to share with MomsRising team and national coalition listservs
- Assist with and eventually lead creative development of national Equal Pay Day and other social media toolkits
- Provide administrative support for the Justice League, including scheduling Justice League team calls and taking notes during team meetings
- Share best practices and updates from the Social Media Team to the Justice League and SMF teams
- After approval by campaign manager, load, schedule, and send national and state campaign email alerts in ActionKit
- Provide logistical support to Justice League VP, including group/event scheduling, ordering, tracking, and organizing a variety of materials
- Commitment to working with diverse communities and commitment to advancing racial equity
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. and blogging as well as experience with social media scheduling and reporting tools (i.e., CoSchedule).
- Proficiency in email communications is critical
- Basic HTML proficiency with experience using an email marketing tool (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Self-directed independent worker who can look at the big picture while keeping track of details
- Ability to learn and use new communications tools quickly
- Ability to work with a team and take direction – sometimes from multiple people
- Comfortable working as part of a virtual organization
- Interest in workplace justice issues
- Interest in organizing communities to act for causes related to the mission of MomsRising
- Ability to travel locally on a regular basis and to make infrequent overnight trips
- Flexible and willing to do what it takes to make campaigns successful
Preferred Qualifications (Not required):
- Experience in community organizing, particularly in communities of color
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience working remotely
- Ability to troubleshoot HTML and CSS styling in emails and action pages
- Image editing skills and proficiency with Canva.
Working conditions: This is a virtual job with no physical office or office space stipend. Successful candidate will work in own home and communicate with coworkers through technology. Hours are flexible with some evening and weekend hours required.
Physical requirements: Must be able to work at a desk for blocks of time. Must be able to communicate verbally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to move objects/operate keyboards, reach with hands and arms, speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and benefits: This position’s pay range is $40,000 - $51,500. MomsRising also provides a robust package of benefits including employer-sponsored health care and a 401b retirement plan with an employer contribution. In addition to the organization’s flexible scheduling policies, full-time employees are eligible for up to 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of sick time, and 12 weeks of fully paid family and medical leave.
To apply: Send an email to Work@momsrising.org with Campaign Assistant in the subject line. Attach your resume and a letter telling us how you heard about this position and why you are interested.
Only applications that include the requested materials will be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
MomsRising is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity – all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.