Campaign Assistant and Social Media Specialist – Budget and Tax Campaign
Reporting to the National Director, the Campaign Assistant and Social Media Specialist will support the work of the National Budget and Tax program and assist with assigned cross-program campaigns and initiatives for MomsRising (MR). This is a full-time position. Location in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area is preferred.
About the MomsRising Organizations:
MomsRising Together is a 501(c)(4) virtual organization with staff working around the country. MomsRising Education Fund, is its affiliated 501(c)(3) public charity. Our core team of paid staff and volunteers work collaboratively to develop our strategies and campaigns. As virtual organizations, we use conference calls, IM, and email extensively to communicate, to create, and to care for each other. Our team enjoys a results-oriented work environment where the challenges and joys of balancing work, family, and personal time are understood.
- Work with the National Director to strategize on national budget, tax, and nutrition policies that boost families. This includes writing outreaches to members in user-friendly language and working in coalition with partners on strategies to move our policies forward.
- Create campaign outreaches within ActionKit and testing outreaches as needed. Loading outreaches for the team from time to time.
- Work collaboratively with the National Director and director of social media to design social media strategy that is in harmony with campaign teams’ goals, then take the initiative to see a project through from start to finish. This may include creating social media toolkits, organizing tweetchats and Twitterstorms, creating graphics, and live tweeting events. In addition, you will be expected to take the social media lead with our coalition partners on all of these social media activities.
- Work with storytellers to create blog posts, videos, and social media posts.
- Design posts that are consistent with the tone and voice of MomsRising to amplify our organizing campaigns.
- Stay up to date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Help organize and attend in-person events on Capitol Hill, including setting up meetings, creating invites for our members, figuring out logistics for speakers, creating social media strategy for events, and providing general support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and blogging.
- Proficiency in email communications is critical.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working in a related field and knowledge of campaign focus area, including national budget, tax, nutrition/hunger issues.
- Experience working with storytellers, or a demonstrated ability to listen to people’s stories and convey them in a compassionate manner.
- Experience and/or interest in organizing communities to act for causes related to the mission of MomsRising.
- Self-directed independent worker who can look at the big picture while keeping track of details.
- Skill in working with a team and taking direction.
- Comfortable working as part of a virtual organization; previous remote work experience desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally.
- Flexible and willing to do what it takes to make the campaigns successful.
- Spanish language proficiency an added bonus.
This is a virtual job with no physical office. Incumbent will work in own home and communicate with coworkers through technology. Hours are flexible with some evening and weekend hours required.
Must be able to work at a desk for blocks of time. Must be able to communicate verbally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to move objects/operate keyboards, reach with hands and arms, speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Location in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area is preferred.
Compensation and benefits:
The salary range for this full-time position is $40,000-$51,500, based on experience. MomsRising provides a robust benefits package, including eligibility for paid family and medical leave, medical/dental/vision coverage, generous PTO and sick time, and a 401b retirement plan with an employer contribution. MomsRising covers 75% of an employee's and 50% of any dependent's medical/dental/vision coverage.
Send an email to Work@momsrising.org with Campaign Assistant and Social Media Specialist in the subject line. Attach your resume and a letter telling us how you heard about this position and why you are interested. Only applications that include the requested materials will be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
It is expected that you will spend some of your time working for both MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund and that you will have an employment relationship with each organization.
MomsRising Together and MomsRising Education Fund are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to diversity – all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.