Tweetchat With summer in full swing, parents and children are enjoying more time outside, at the park, beach, BBQs and while traveling. This is great fun but can easily derail a family's healthy accomplishments. To stay mindful of the food you and your family are consuming, because junk food is ok once in a while [...]
Healthy Food for Kids!
Did you know? Almost 1 in 3 young people is at risk for nutrition-related diseases like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, according to the American Heart Association. But Moms and Dads can change this trend. We have tremendous power to keep our kids, schools and communities healthy. This year MomsRising's work on nutrition and food justice focuses on the following:
1. Getting soda out of kids meals:
2. Healthy school foods:
All hands on deck! We need your help to ensure ALL of our kids have access to healthy food. Join us:
- Good Food Force volunteers take action to build healthy schools and communities. Join us to get weekly updates on food issues, invitations to special online and on-the-ground events, and more. Membership is free and easy.
- We discuss food issues every Friday at 1pm ET during the #FoodFri Tweetchats on Twitter, and the Good Food Force Facebook Group.
- Check out ideas, tips and testimonials around junk food marketing to kids and healthy school foods on our Pinterest boards.
- Stay tuned for updates on local meet-ups and Google+ Live events, coming this spring and summer! (Join the GFF Facebook Group to get the news first).
Check out videos from our Food Power! Conference in Brooklyn, NY, including a special welcome from First Lady Michelle Obama!
Moms Blogging About Food!
Healthy… Nutritious… Low Fat… High Fiber… Moderation… Exercise… Carbs… Protein… These days, you can’t walk down the street or flip through your favorite magazine without being bombarded by directives about what to eat and how to eat it. Messages on how to live a healthy lifestyle are all around us, but making meaning of it [...]
When my son Jack was born, I was married to a Culinary Specialist at the Bremerton Naval Hospital in Washington. He was an E4, after enlisting as an E3, and we were proud of his solid ranking. I have a bachelor’s degree, and before we moved I had nearly completed a master’s degree in secondary [...]
Tweetchat For many, the church is a safe place of community where they can share support, fellowship and resources. This week for #FoodFri we are joined by faith leaders and clergy who are taking it a step further. They are encouraging their community to lead a healthier lifestyle, by example. Join #FoodFri on July 15, [...]