Tweetchat As the month-long celebration of National Older Americans Month culminates, we invite you to join CSPI and MomsRising on Friday, May 27, 1 – 2pm ET, for a #FoodFri tweetchat on healthy aging. Thanks to advances in medicine, Americans are living longer than at any point in history. Learn how to protect health throughout [...]
Healthy Food for Kids!
Did you know? Almost 1 in 3 young people is at risk for nutrition-related diseases like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, according to the American Heart Association. But Moms and Dads can change this trend. We have tremendous power to keep our kids, schools and communities healthy. This year MomsRising's work on nutrition and food justice focuses on the following:
1. Getting soda out of kids meals:
2. Healthy school foods:
All hands on deck! We need your help to ensure ALL of our kids have access to healthy food. Join us:
- Good Food Force volunteers take action to build healthy schools and communities. Join us to get weekly updates on food issues, invitations to special online and on-the-ground events, and more. Membership is free and easy.
- We discuss food issues every Friday at 1pm ET during the #FoodFri Tweetchats on Twitter, and the Good Food Force Facebook Group.
- Check out ideas, tips and testimonials around junk food marketing to kids and healthy school foods on our Pinterest boards.
- Stay tuned for updates on local meet-ups and Google+ Live events, coming this spring and summer! (Join the GFF Facebook Group to get the news first).
Check out videos from our Food Power! Conference in Brooklyn, NY, including a special welcome from First Lady Michelle Obama!
Moms Blogging About Food!
Hugs are nice. But hunger advocates such as Tianna Gaines-Turner want policy-makers and members of Congress to know that as nice as a hug is, it does not put food on the table, workers in good-paying jobs, or families in affordable, secure housing. On Monday, Gaines-Turner, who lives in Philadelphia and works part-time as a [...]
Tweetchat This week at #FoodFri we are going to explore the ways that faith communities are advocating for health, wellness, and food justice. We'll talk about the steps that people of faith are taking to improve their own health and that of their community, as well as explore the theology and practice around #FaithandFood. We'll [...]
Greetings! This week we're unpacking the new menu labeling rule. Over 7,000 of us spoke out in support of the final rule - well done, we did it! We're also sharing an urgent call-to-action around lead, resources from two of our fab Good Food Force bloggers, our new bumper sticker and more. As always, THANK [...]