Are you a superhero parent? YES YOU ARE! We all are! Parents are on the frontlines every day, building healthier communities for all kids. And we're excited to share our latest resource for the superhero in all of us ... Secret Agent Moms! Part graphic novel, part how-to guide, Secret Agent Moms shares the funny, [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
Feeding our children is one of the most basic responsibilities of every parent. It is an act of culture and an act of love. As both a mother and a pediatric gastroenterologist, I am involved in the world of food, feeding, and nutrition, not only at home but also at work. I am also involved [...]
Tweetchat In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, MomsRising is excited to discuss how food and aging play out in the Latino community in the United States, during the September 16, 2016 #FoodFri tweetchat. Our featured guest and co-host, the National Hispanic Council of Aging, will join us to discuss the the importance of seniors in [...]
Important gains in household income, poverty rate, and health care coverage. Yet there is more to be done.Posted September 16, 2016 by David Elliot
On Sept. 13, the U.S. Census Bureau released important new data on poverty, median household income, and the number of Americans covered by health insurance. Below is a statement by Deborah Weinstein, executive director of the Coalition on Human Needs, responding to the new data. The official poverty rate is down, median household income is up, [...]