Hugs are nice. But hunger advocates such as Tianna Gaines-Turner want policy-makers and members of Congress to know that as nice as a hug is, it does not put food on the table, workers in good-paying jobs, or families in affordable, secure housing. On Monday, Gaines-Turner, who lives in Philadelphia and works part-time as a [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
Tweetchat This week at #FoodFri we are going to explore the ways that faith communities are advocating for health, wellness, and food justice. We'll talk about the steps that people of faith are taking to improve their own health and that of their community, as well as explore the theology and practice around #FaithandFood. We'll [...]
Greetings! This week we're unpacking the new menu labeling rule. Over 7,000 of us spoke out in support of the final rule - well done, we did it! We're also sharing an urgent call-to-action around lead, resources from two of our fab Good Food Force bloggers, our new bumper sticker and more. As always, THANK [...]
Tweetchat MomsRising is hosting a #FoodFri tweetchat on May 13, 2016 at 1 pm Eastern, to share the work of Foodstand (a community of eaters helping each other stay in the know about how to shop, cook, and eat better) and Jamie Oliver Food Foundation on Food Revolution Day. This year, the focus of Food [...]