Tweetchat A community poisoned. Rashes, hair loss and unexplained illnesses. Children exposed to lead. Development halted before it even had a chance. The future is dismal for many of the young ones. Decreased IQ, behavorial and cognitive problems and a range of other health issues lie ahead. It sounds like the makings of a [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
Tweetchat As a Mom, I want my children to learn to cook. Learning to cook offers children life benefits. From learning where food comes from to saving money, cooking has it's perks. Please join #FoodFri this Friday from 10-11 am PT/1-2 pm ET as MomsRising and CSPI chat about cooking with children. They'll be sharing [...]
Clint Mitchell is an elementary school principal in Prince William County, Virginia. He doesn’t like to test students at the end of the month. Why? Because their families are running out of food by then – their SNAP benefits don’t last the whole month. I heard him at a White House Conversation on Child Hunger in [...]
This article was written by SWOP’s Food Justice Organizer Rodrigo Rodriguez, and originally published on El Grito de Neuvo Mexico. Learn about Rodrigo’s work with Project Feed the Hood on their facebook and instagram pages, and follow him on twitter @5RO5. Here in New Mexico, we hold this radical idea that food is a human right, and that the best way [...]