Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids, and
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods.
How we work:
- GFF Volunteers are passionate about healthy food and families, and excited to speak to family and friends about these issues. Volunteers do what they want, when they want.
- We discuss the latest news around healthy kids and communities, and share tips, ideas and successes, via a weekly Good Food Force Update email and Facebook Group.
- You'll also get special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities, where you can build your skills and meet other inspired moms and dads who care about these issues.
Ways to get involved:
- Sign up for our weekly newsletters, featuring updates, recipes, community highlights and more!
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
- Host a local meet-up to discuss food issues in your community. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we're so excited about the Good Food Force!
The timing could not be more urgent for us to speak out in support of healthy school foods, and against marketing junk food to kids. Check out these useful fact sheets on both issues.
- Food Marketing to Children, Center for Science in the Public Interest website.
- Nickelodeon: Marketing Obesity to Kids, Center for Science in the Public Interest website.
- Support Healthier School Lunches, which includes links to helpful tipsheets for parents, educators, school lunch staff and more, compiled by the NANA Coalition.
Want to know more?
We're always looking for new members. Please contact us at email@example.com.