Tweetchat With summer in full swing, parents and children are enjoying more time outside, at the park, beach, BBQs and while traveling. This is great fun but can easily derail a family's healthy accomplishments. To stay mindful of the food you and your family are consuming, because junk food is ok once in a while [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
Healthy… Nutritious… Low Fat… High Fiber… Moderation… Exercise… Carbs… Protein… These days, you can’t walk down the street or flip through your favorite magazine without being bombarded by directives about what to eat and how to eat it. Messages on how to live a healthy lifestyle are all around us, but making meaning of it [...]
When my son Jack was born, I was married to a Culinary Specialist at the Bremerton Naval Hospital in Washington. He was an E4, after enlisting as an E3, and we were proud of his solid ranking. I have a bachelor’s degree, and before we moved I had nearly completed a master’s degree in secondary [...]
Tweetchat For many, the church is a safe place of community where they can share support, fellowship and resources. This week for #FoodFri we are joined by faith leaders and clergy who are taking it a step further. They are encouraging their community to lead a healthier lifestyle, by example. Join #FoodFri on July 15, [...]