Tweetchat Food dyes are unnecessary ingredients that are added to improve the look of foods. Although most food additives are safe, there are many that have negative health effects or trigger adverse reactions, such as hyperactivity, in sensitive kids. Join #FoodFri at 1pm EST / 10am PSTon April 29, 2016 with @MomsRising and @CSPI to [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
Anti-hunger advocates reacted strongly in opposition to a House Child Nutrition Reauthorization bill introduced last Wednesday, April 20. A statement from the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) said the bill would roll back years of progress, leaving countless children without access to nutritious meals. Analysis from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities said the bill could increase food insecurity [...]
Mother’s Day was founded with a simple and beautiful wish – to honor the person who has done more for us than anyone in the world. At MomsRising, we do more than honor moms. We empower them – every day, all year long. We unite moms to win protections from gun violence, win access to [...]
Salud America!, a Latino childhood obesity prevention network, is recruiting Salud Leaders to join a national movement to start and support healthy changes in communities and schools. Who is a Salud Leader? A Salud Leader is a parent, school personnel, academic, or community leader who drives healthy changes like unlocking playgrounds for use after school [...]