Last week, I had the pleasure of joining with other MomsRising members in North Carolina at the NC Legislature in an effort to educate lawmakers and their staff about issues related to access to healthy foods for families across the state. We set up a small kid-run produce stand outside of the legislature and offered [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
Tweetchat Habits are unconscious and automatic. Even if we want to eat healthfully and feed our families well, habits can undermine our good intentions. When willpower is drained, or we’re tired or stressed, we’re especially likely to fall back on habits, healthy or otherwise. That’s why building healthy habits is so important. Join #FoodFri on [...]
As a mother and grandmother, I understand the importance of ensuring that America’s children are provided with nutritious meals every day. My grandchildren, who are 5 and 8, are just like all children – infinitely curious and filled with energy, love, and joy. Young children should be playing and learning -- not worried about where [...]
Author’s note: Last week, we discussed the Coalition on Human Needs' June 16 event, What Works – And What Doesn’t – To Reduce Poverty and Expand Opportunity. As part of that event, we heard the story of LaJuana Clark, who has struggled with homelessness and under-employment. This is LaJuana’s story. We encourage you to watch a recording of [...]