Good Food Force
On this page you'll find the basics on how we work. Please contact us with any questions! Karen@momsrising.org. (This page is intended for Good Food Force Volunteers, but please also feel free to get in touch if you'd like to join us!)
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids, and
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods.
- GFF Volunteers do as many activities as they want, in their communities or online, in support of healthy food and families.
- MomsRising will propose activities every month, and GFF Volunteers choose what they want to do. Activities will include both online and offline actions. They will include things like: sharing your thoughts, sharing information on Facebook or Twitter, circulating petition about junk food marketing to kids and/or healthy schools, delivering storybooks amplifying the mom voice around food issues, writing a blog post for our / your website, etc. We'll always be really excited for your ideas on activities too!
- Volunteers choose which activities make the most sense for them!
- MomsRising will provide tips, materials and support for completing activities. (more below!)
Support for our Superheros:
Fabulous Food Force Volunteers can expect:
- Support, encouragement and coaching to help you understand the issues, and complete activities successfully.
- Useful materials, including sample email language, sample social media graphics, tipsheets, printed materials, and more. (You can always adapt this information, but it will be there for you to use as a starting point if you need it!)
- Weekly emails and monthly Google+ Hangouts, to discuss the issues we're working on, advocacy tips, and more.
- Quick responses to needs and questions.
- A supportive community of other Good Food Force Volunteers and MomsRising staff!
- Group recognition on the MomsRising website and social media platforms! (We'll always ask before using your name or image)
Why we're so excited about the Good Food Force!
The timing could not be more urgent for us to speak out in support of healthy school foods, and against marketing junk food to kids. Check out these useful fact sheets on both issues.
- Food Marketing to Children, Center for Science in the Public Interest website.
- Nickelodeon: Marketing Junk Foods to Kids, Center for Science in the Public Interest website.
- Support Healthier School Lunches, which includes links to helpful tipsheets for parents, educators, school lunch staff and more, compiled by the NANA Coalition.
We're always looking for new members. Please contact us at email@example.com.