Have you had lunch at your child’s school and sat there wondering why kids are still allowed to purchase Doritos and Cheetos, even after the USDA heralded in the Smart Snacks in School guidelines a few years back? Well it turns out that food companies reformulated many of their branded snack foods to meet the [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
Tweetchat A lot of progress has happened to make the school environment healthier for kids. School districts are making updates to local wellness policies, providing healthy school snacks and beverages, and strengthening physical activity and education under the Every Student Succeeds Act ("ESSA"). Join #FoodFri on August 26, 2016 at 1p.m. EST /10 a.m. PST [...]
The 4th annual installment of Black Breastfeeding Week is upon us and I think we hit the mark this year. Of course, I’m biased, but a week of celebrating the healing, restorative and fun nature of joy feels like the antidote to a year of intense political happenings and turbulent social times. This year, we [...]
In this era of political disagreement, it’s unusual to see political parties put aside their differences, join hands and work together for the greater good. But that’s exactly what happened recently in Minnesota around efforts to improve and increase access to healthy and affordable food. Minnesota is one of the lowest ranked states in [...]