With the holidays quickly approaching, it's time to make plans! If you're like my family, your holidays center around food, mainly meat. (We love our pernil!) This year I want to have a more humane and healthy holiday by making sure I purchase antibiotic-free meat. But, I want to go further than that and that's [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
As the school year gets into full-swing, and the inevitable chaos of new teachers, new friends, and new schedules ensue, we've counted down 100 tips to help you have a healthy back-to-school. Share your tips with us in the comments or with #GoodFoodForce on Twitter! Tip 100: Kids are seeing healthier school foods this year! [...]
Last night Congress passed a clean Continuing Resolution which avoided a government shutdown and funds the government through December 11th, 2015. Since this was “clean”, meaning that there were no riders or changes to current policy, government programs will continue to be funded at the same level they were the previous year. No new budget [...]
A new law took effect this month in Texas to open a window onto jail conditions for pregnant women. This new Texas law is unusual because it requires the government to compile and make available detailed information about jail policies and practices. Too often, when people try to get this information, they encounter roadblocks. People [...]