Thanksgiving is around the corner. Today my two-and-half-year-old came home from his day care with a thankful turkey. Thankful turkey, you know, the classic construction paper turkey lists what children are thankful for. We had this conversation. “Mama, look at my turkey!” “Wow! And what’s this?” “Things I xiexie for.” “And what do you xiexie [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
This commentary was originally published on the TalkPoverty blog (http://TalkPoverty.org), a project of the Center for American Progress. Americans are fond of saying our children are our nation’s most valuable resource. But if our actions are the measure, do we really mean it? Mounting research evidence from neuroscience, public health, economics and social science supports a simple [...]
Once the turkey has been carved and we are all recovering from pumpkin pie comas, hectic travel, and quality time with the family, the so-called season of giving begins. If you are anything like me though, you are trying to avoid the non-stop holiday shopping commercials on tv and instead are trying to get your [...]
Earlier this year, the Women's Funding Alliance released an interesting little report called The Status of Women in Washington. Now before you bounce off because a) you've already used up your quota of "you go girl" fist bumps today, or b) you believe the gender gap is a bunch of hooey, hang with me for a moment. [...]