Parents are passionate about water quality and access in schools. The stories below are included in our latest Healthy Schools Storybook, which parents are delivering to schools across the country in 2016 and 2017. Download a complete and free version of the storybook here. Clean water is the most important drink anyone can have, not [...]
Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids
- Getting soda out of kids meals
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods
- The latest information and breaking news on healthy schools, kids and communities via weekly emails and our Facebook Group.
- Tips, talking points and resources for bringing these conversations to your community.
- Advice and encouragement from other Volunteers. We love to feature Volunteers via social media and our website, too!
- Special invites to online and on-the-ground events and training opportunities.
How to join:
- Sign up on our website. This automatically subscribes you to our weekly Good Food Force Update.
- Join our Facebook group, and meet other moms who care about healthy kids and communities.
Moms Blogging About Food!
It has been well over a year since the Flint water crisis became front page news. In fact, it was all the way back in last January when President Obama and Michigan Governor Snyder (who is partially responsible for the lead poisoning in the first place!) declared a State of Emergency in Flint due to [...]
Tweetchat UPDATE!! This chat has been RESCHEDULED for Monday, October 24, 2016, at 4 PM ET with new hashtag #FoodMon! Please use #FoodMon during our chat on Monday! *** Join MomsRising, Coalition on Human Needs, FRAC, and National Women’s Law Center for a #FoodFri tweetchat on Friday (October 21st) at 1pm ET. We’ll be chatting about how [...]
DYK October 10-14 was National School Lunch Week! To celebrate and promote healthy school lunches and healthy schools, we have an amazing reading assignment for the decision makers at your schools. It's full of stories from parents and tips from experts on how to make all schools as healthy as they can be! That includes: healthy [...]