Good Food Force
- Pushing back against junk food marketing to kids, and
- Ensuring children have access to healthy school foods.
How we work:
- GFF Volunteers are passionate about healthy food and families, and excited to speak to family and friends about these issues.
- GFF Volunteers do what they want, when they want. They can use ideas proposed by MomsRising, or bring their own ideas to the table. Activities can range from: sharing information on social media to circulating a petition in your community. Inspire us!
- The GFF discusses the latest news around healthy kids and communities, and shares tips and inspirations, via a Google Group.
- MomsRising.org will provide support, encouragement, coaching, sample materials, training opportunities and more! GFF Volunteers will also get to know a vibrant community of inspired moms and dads who care about these issues.
Why we're so excited about the Good Food Force!
The timing could not be more urgent for us to speak out in support of healthy school foods, and against marketing junk food to kids. Check out these useful fact sheets on both issues.
- Food Marketing to Children, Center for Science in the Public Interest website.
- Nickelodeon: Marketing Obesity to Kids, Center for Science in the Public Interest website.
- Support Healthier School Lunches, which includes links to helpful tipsheets for parents, educators, school lunch staff and more, compiled by the NANA Coalition.
Want to know more?
We're always looking for new members. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.